Notices

Weekender Thread 8-11 March 2019

Old 03-08-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hello Chrissy!

My dad use to make bread when I was a kid. Nothing like warm home made bread. Enjoy the course Manta, sounds like a great idea.

Yippe Friday! I'm in training all morning today (they are gonna try and teach an old dog new tricks). Hopefully, I'll stay awake.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In for bread.

Well, not really. Bread is a trigger food for me - I have to be careful with it. Moderation when it comes to bread.

Someone remind me not to share my struggles with relative strangers in real life as well as on here, k? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Chrissy
Old 03-08-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Bim.

I will remind you about relative strangers. No problem. But here...Maybe, it won't hurt to do it in very moderate moderation? Just saying. Hugs.

I am dressing up like first time in years. Not even so much because I have a date - just feels good to take care of myself and not feel guilty for redoing my nails three times because I messed up putting nail polish)
Old 03-08-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am off to the date.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 03-08-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Share what you need to on here Bim!! Real life....always with a bit of caution lol.

Bread is my nemesis too! I can’t get a loaf from the baker as I will eat the whole thing in one day, I am totally powerless over crusty fresh bread and my waistline has become unmanageable!! But I do make a mini wholemeal loaf myself each Sunday so I can have runny boiled eggs on toast for breakfast and would be good to know how to improve my current mini loaf skillz!!
Old 03-08-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thing is I don't need to share the stuff I don't think. I just talk more than I need to and it always bites me. So much for trying to be vulnerable and make friends. People are difficult.

Crusty bread. Mmm.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in.

When I only worked part-time I baked bread every week. I don't really have time anymore, but that's ok, because there's almost nothing I love more than fresh, warm bread slathered with lots of butter. I could easily eat 4-5 slices. I'm not really tempted by store-bought bread.

This weekend will be challenging for us here where I live. We are supposed to get ANOTHER big snowstorm tomorrow. I have to get to work tomorrow night somehow. It's a theatre performance and I run the box office. There won't be many people venturing out unless they already have tickets, but there are quite a few who have called to see if we are still having the show, because they are still planning to show up. Several others have called to change to a different night. I can get here, because I live so close to work. But I'll be spending quite a lot of time tomorrow and Sunday trying to figure out where to put 8-10 inches of new snow. My driveway already looks a bit like a tunnel. I don't remember a winter when I looked forward to spring as much as I am this year.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mr

Weekend time.
Welcome Chrissy (again I think)
Old 03-08-2019, 08:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey weekend warriors. Just an early checkin for me.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I quit drinking Tuesday for the umpteenth time. Weekends are the hardest for me. I have plans this weekend to fill up my time. Work Saturday morning, taking my 6 year old to lunch after work. I have a few computer games to sink my teeth into. Mostly I just need to say no when the AV has me thinking I've earned it. Let's all have an awesome sober weekend!
Old 03-08-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Afternoon, welcome to Weekenders Chrissy!

Happy Intl Women's Day, now haven't you got some ironing to do?

I rarely buy bread, a roll or two is about it. I live on my own so a loaf is too much. I do like the stuff though.

Good luck with your training Dragon, I hope ot is more interesting than the presentation on updated ISO certification I had to attend this morning. I have a transcript!

https://youtu.be/q_BU5hR9gXE

I am pretty up to date at work due to lack of it, not diligence on my part. I intend to be out of here by 4.59pm.

Hey, it's Friday! Here is some Frankie Beverley and Maze. I saw them at Hammersmith about 1982. They were phenomenal then and at that time I could still go see bands without being out of it.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I’m in!

Enjoy your date, Midnight! Dragon, I didn’t post yesterday so congrats on 3 years.

Welcome Chrissy. I hope for you this will be the first of many sober weekends to come!

I used to bake bread quite often, even cultured my own sourdough from flour, grape husks etc. I should really get into it once more.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Giggler
Old 03-08-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Giggler!
Old 03-08-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm on.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi giggler and welcome.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Fab Friday, Functionaries ~

Good reading, here, on all what's happening! Sober Birthdays. []Not[/] Dates. Personal Epiphanies. Meanwhile, the topics of Scots Chocolate Caramels and Fresh Bread are a sure attention-getter from this Chow Hound.

We're booked for Dinner out tonight with Pals. Only 1 in 5 drinks, so having to be around ole Eddie Ethanol is a non-issue. That's become our Socializing Norm over the past few Years, and it's a welcome one. Alcohol does become irrelevant, Folks, and that's a mighty sweet spot to finally hit. Been there. Drank that. Time to move Life on the down the Road...

Successive waves of lil Storms are passing through. Other than dealing with Mud, we're in the clear here with relatively warm temps. In the CO Mountains, insane Snow levels and Avalanches have closed several Routes. Mister Murphy & His Law made a showing. An Avalanche closed I-70 AND forced evacuation of the major Ski Resort Copper Mountain. That Avalanche also took out a Natural Gas Line, so there was explosion risk along with no Building Heat. Hotel Rooms long gone, so Folks toughed it out in Parking Lots. Another Mountain Pass is closed from a yuge Rockslide. Yet another Pass has 30' of Snow on the Road with broken Trees embedded.

Below is Sunset last Night. We were sitting outside in the chilly Breeze just to take in Sun. With kinda-rare Sun in mind over the coming Week, here's a classic re-worked up to '11' on the Funk Dial!

~ 'Sunshine Of Your Love' ~ George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic ~

Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
I'm on.
Good to see you gettingsmarter. Whilst both are probably perfectly acceptable, I’ve seen some people say “I’m in” and some say “I’m on”. No offense intended at all, but somehow “I’m on” has a fishing connotation for me.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!! YES I'M IN.

And I'm actually excited about it.

So to kick off, tonight I am making more of my homemade pizza scrolls (again). And they are low carb because I use this great mozzarella/almond-flour based dough.

Then tomorrow, racquetball + gym morning, followed by a day w/ my little one (give my wife a break).

Sunday -- my buddy is coming over to finally catch up on all the great science fiction shows out right now (Orville/Discovery). And I'll probably cook something, as always.

KEEP ON!!!