Notices

My new mantra is....

Old 03-07-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My new mantra is....

"F you wine".

I say it when driving by ALL of my favorite liquor stores, when leaving the grocery store because one of my favorite liquor store's is right next door (I now park on the other side of the store). I tell myself wine is not my friend and never really cared about me.

5 days down and headed into#6. While I thought the passing days would make it easier, it turns out I was wrong. Now the demons in my head are telling me how great I'm doing and how I must not be an alcoholic or have a problem with alcohol because I have had such success. So what's 1 drink? I can stop whenever I want. Well, 1 drink tonight will be 2 tomorrow and the next thing you know it's 2 bottles a night again. So this is where my mantra comes in.

F you wine. You don't care about me or my family or my life in general. You don't care if my liver shrivels up and my eyes are yellow, if I live in a constant fog, spend my last $10 on a bottle, if my marriage is in jeopardy, and on and on and on.

I just hope the damage I've done to my body is not too serious. It's crazy to think I've been drinking longer than doing anything else in my life. Started at around 13 or 14 nipping at the vodka in my parents cabinet. Graduating to pints and whatever drugs my friends and I could get our hands on at around 14-15.

F you wine. I want my life back.

Thank you for listening SR. It helps to put this all down somewhere until I can get in to see a therapist. (Unfortunately not until next month)

Have a great day all! One step and one day at a time.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL @ your mantra Chrissy. Keep it going!
Old 03-07-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love it - I'm a big fan of whatever mantra gets you thru the period of time you need it!!

Keep going - you can do this.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome, if it’s working -keep it up!! I’m a little over 2 months sober, and it gets better every day! Great job!
Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good post Chrissy
Old 03-07-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Love it. I got super angry at alcohol for a while and had a similar mantra. It really helped me get through the early days, for some reason, to be mad as heck at alcohol. I was mad at myself, too, so I was just one angry crabby gal for a while. I'm over that now, I'm no longer angry at alcohol or myself. I just accept that alcohol was there, I drank too much of it, and I won't do that anymore.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job, Chrissy! I started saying “It’s not me, it’s you.” I looked at alcohol, especially wine, like an abusive boyfriend. Why would I ever go back to a guy who mistreated me? Same with alcohol - it doesn’t deserve me.

Bye-bye, Mr Wine!

Stay strong! Things will keep getting better!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am about the wine too and have 30 days sober today. My brain is doing the same thing. I had been drinking an average of 2-3 bottles of wine a night for about 7 years and my damage is significant but reversible. You should bite the bullet and get some blood work done. That helped motivate me as well.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chrissy1104 View Post
"F you wine".
I say it when driving by ALL of my favorite liquor stores...
LOL. I forgot about that, but I used to do the same thing. I used to laugh at myself when I did it and think, "Jeeze, get a grip. It's not even alive." But it was still fun doing it. I think it was like an ultimate show of disrespect toward a false friend who made many promises, but betrayed me in the worst way possible.

Doing it also sent up a red flag about myself. Could I really say, "F you alcohol," and mean it, or would I end up crawling back for another kick in the teeth from a lover who betrayed me? But somewhere inside, I knew this was real. I knew I was exaggerating my hatred toward alcohol, but after the brutal beating it gave me, I really had enough. In addition, going back for more humiliation and misery wasn't even going to be compensated with one minute of pleasure. Yeah, I might be tempted to humiliate myself for a few moments of pleasure, but this Bozo alcohol had nothing to offer.

I stopped saying it after a while. I actually don't hate alcohol. I just avoid it. It goes its way and I go mine. So I feel no conflict toward it, just indifference.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep it up and it'll get better. The cravings will go away, the reward will be health and happiness
Old 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice, I might pick that up! F U beer.

I manage a convenience store and every day when I clock out I go into the back of the cooler and grab my 12 pack. Yesterday after work I found myself walking into the cooler, even though I had no intention of buying alcohol. My auto pilot took over and led me to the beer. I turned right around and shook my head. Next time I'm going to say F U beer.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tailai View Post
Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Love it - I'm a big fan of whatever mantra gets you thru the period of time you need it!!

Keep going - you can do this.
Originally Posted by Suzieq17 View Post
Awesome, if it’s working -keep it up!! I’m a little over 2 months sober, and it gets better every day! Great job!
Congratulations on your 2 months! You are inspiration!
Old 03-07-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tailai View Post
Thank you!!
Old 03-07-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
LOL. I forgot about that, but I used to do the same thing. I used to laugh at myself when I did it and think, "Jeeze, get a grip. It's not even alive." But it was still fun doing it. I think it was like an ultimate show of disrespect toward a false friend who made many promises, but betrayed me in the worst way possible.

Doing it also sent up a red flag about myself. Could I really say, "F you alcohol," and mean it, or would I end up crawling back for another kick in the teeth from a lover who betrayed me? But somewhere inside, I knew this was real. I knew I was exaggerating my hatred toward alcohol, but after the brutal beating it gave me, I really had enough. In addition, going back for more humiliation and misery wasn't even going to be compensated with one minute of pleasure. Yeah, I might be tempted to humiliate myself for a few moments of pleasure, but this Bozo alcohol had nothing to offer.

I stopped saying it after a while. I actually don't hate alcohol. I just avoid it. It goes its way and I go mine. So I feel no conflict toward it, just indifference.
DriGuy- I really hope to be indifferent one day. Thanks for your introspection.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Giggler4life View Post
Nice, I might pick that up! F U beer.

I manage a convenience store and every day when I clock out I go into the back of the cooler and grab my 12 pack. Yesterday after work I found myself walking into the cooler, even though I had no intention of buying alcohol. My auto pilot took over and led me to the beer. I turned right around and shook my head. Next time I'm going to say F U beer.
Yes! F U beer because really you have nothing to offer.