Notices

Saturday mornings are the best

Old 03-02-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saturday mornings are the best

Peace and calm. The wide expanse of the weekend still ahead. Snow covered trees and steaming coffee. No regrets. No self-inflicted suffering. Time and all its' worth.

So grateful for a life ahead of these chances and opportunities.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've always loved Saturday mornings. When I was young it was because it meant no school and when I started working it meant no work that day. But when I started drinking and it got out of hand it became a nightmare as I would lie in bed until 10am or even 11am because I was so hungover and felt dreadful.

Waking up sober on a Saturday brings back that special Saturday feeling again.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agreed! Saturday mornings are the best.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Working today, but normally I would agree

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/u...4/05/3-011.gif
Old 03-02-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Peace and calm. The wide expanse of the weekend still ahead. Snow covered trees and steaming coffee. No regrets. No self-inflicted suffering. Time and all its' worth.

So grateful for a life ahead of these chances and opportunities.
Congrats! Gratitude is a value. When your values trump your addiction, there is no addiction.

Recovery refers to the action or process of regaining possession or control of your life, by how you think. How you think determines how you feel. How you feel influences your actions, your behavior, your compulsions. ​Recovery, in fact, is not just about self-control, but self-acceptance. Recovery is about gratitude. Without gratitude their can be no happiness or recovery. Only when you fully accept yourself as you are, a creation made in God's image, can you stop trying to control how things appear, clearly observe the destructiveness of the quick-fix approach, and honestly admit that it’s not working for you. This is mature thinking and where real recovery begins. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 1Corinthians 13:11 NIV
Old 03-02-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For sure. Sober Saturdays will never get old. Even though I'm working all weekend waking up this morning and walking to work without a hangover was bliss. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and I had a smile on my face. I imagined myself only a couple of months ago having to get a cab to work nauseous and unsure how I would get through the day a shaky anxious mess, head pounding and still drunk. Instead I sat on the bus with a clear head reading my book and felt a strange calmness and appreciation that I've never had before.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree. Doesn’t even matter if I have an early morning errand or appointment either. Waking up clear and refreshed is a wonderful feeling!