Notices

5th day and feeling it bad

Old 10-22-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5th day and feeling it bad

Day 5 and feeling all over the place!. I want to drink, i don't want to drink. I am fine, i want to cry. I'm tired from just not sleeping well and trying to make it thru each day. My husband is still drinking, but hides it and lie's to my face.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there!!! I’m on day 5 also... the week is dragging in so slow! Every min seems like an hour especially at home!
Old 10-22-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Quitting drinking is hard enough by itself without distractions. Is an inpatient treatment facility an option? If not are there relatives that might help? You have to quit for yourself. Not for anyone else. It's going to be tough for a while no matter where you do it but it gets so much better once you get through the first month or two. Hang around SR. Read and post as needed. Open 24/7. Best wishes.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please hang in there - get through this and it really does get better

D
Old 10-22-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TexanJohn View Post
Hang in there!!! I’m on day 5 also... the week is dragging in so slow! Every min seems like an hour especially at home!
here ya, I'm trying to keep busy. I've cleaned closets, rearranged pictures, cried, listened to some music, cried, helped my son with online schooling...i think we both wanted to cry on that one lol. I'm not working due to covid, so I'm literally stuck in the house. At least there is football on tonight here or the debate...I'm going with football. I should mow the lawn, but my neighbors are out and i feel more like hiding then Smalltalk. Onwards to day 6!
Old 10-22-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Backtogood - I remember feeling like that in the early days. It's normal. We're learning to live in a new way & it's rough at first. Everything gets easier as we get some sober time behind us. 5 days is wonderful.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i’m on day 6 and i’m right there with you. i’ve basically spent the entire day on the aa zoom meetings because every minute felt like an hour and i was just up and down all day. but we’re here and we’re doing it even though it’s hard! and i’m proud of you!
Old 10-22-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stonecoldcc View Post
i’m on day 6 and i’m right there with you. i’ve basically spent the entire day on the aa zoom meetings because every minute felt like an hour and i was just up and down all day. but we’re here and we’re doing it even though it’s hard! and i’m proud of you!
proud of you too! I may feel liked I'm going crazy, but I'm doing it sober.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

exactly!! you’re doing it sober!!
Old 10-22-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you on 5 days. Try to busy yourself, talk to someone, do something for someone in need. I also agree that you may need more help than you’re getting?
Old 10-23-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Day 5 and feeling all over the place!. I want to drink, i don't want to drink. I am fine, i want to cry. I'm tired from just not sleeping well and trying to make it thru each day. My husband is still drinking, but hides it and lie's to my face.
We can't do anything about what other people say and do, but we can choose how to react to these things.
You've got all the power you need to change your environment. Not sure what your options are, but - - - maybe now is a good time to sort through them.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yikes! It’s hard to convey to others how hard the first few weeks are. They were probably among the hardest times of my life. It seems the easiest thing in the world is to have a drink to put everything right. Your body’s getting used to life without alcohol, and it’s complaining about it.

But I promise in a matter of weeks, this pain and anxiety starts to fade. By the end of 2020, just a few weeks away, you could be out of the habit of drinking and starting to see the many benefits of not doing so. It won’t be a nice few weeks, but it’ll be a way better 2021.

Youll need to be that bit stronger if your husband drinks. If he hides it, this means he’s not drinking in front of you. Concentrate on you for now. Maybe get a few weeks of your own sober time first so you’ll be better equipped to deal with him. Good luck.