SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   To Those Who Keep Relapsing, It CAN Be Done (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436685-those-who-keep-relapsing-can-done.html)

woowinnielrrm 02-26-2019 08:02 PM

To Those Who Keep Relapsing, It CAN Be Done

Click on my profile and find my Day Zero thread. I read it today and felt like someone else wrote it. I am being humble saying this, because sobriety is so fragile, but I am 8 months and 12 days sober today. I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would get here. After last month of PAWS, copious amounts of sugar, caffeine, and nicotine, and my unwavering faith in God, I did not relapse. I ALWAYS relapsed. On and off for three years. I know to some 8 months is not much. But when I read the people who say they can't do a week, I totally get it. I have learned to take things one day at a time. I used to roll my eyes at that. I thought it was the cheesiest phrase out there, but it's so true. So for the newcomers, or those returning, I am PRAYING for you. :Flower:

columbus 02-26-2019 09:18 PM

Beautiful, beautiful post, my friend.

ReadyAtLast 02-26-2019 09:42 PM

Many congratulations on your sober time and thank you for your post 😃

Dee74 02-26-2019 11:18 PM

Congrats on your sober time woowinnielrrm :)

D

Meddles 02-26-2019 11:43 PM

congratulations, and thank you. I’ve done four days after several relapses, and each time I hope to succeed but fail. I’m really hoping this is it, so it’s great to have some hope from someone who’s been there and done it.

CRRHCC 02-27-2019 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by woowinnielrrm (Post 7133587)
Click on my profile and find my Day Zero thread. I read it today and felt like someone else wrote it. I am being humble saying this, because sobriety is so fragile, but I am 8 months and 12 days sober today. I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would get here. After last month of PAWS, copious amounts of sugar, caffeine, and nicotine, and my unwavering faith in God, I did not relapse. I ALWAYS relapsed. On and off for three years. I know to some 8 months is not much. But when I read the people who say they can't do a week, I totally get it. I have learned to take things one day at a time. I used to roll my eyes at that. I thought it was the cheesiest phrase out there, but it's so true. So for the newcomers, or those returning, I am PRAYING for you. :Flower:

Congratulations! I see by your profile that you are a self proclaimed, "Jesus Freak." Your testimony is living proof that when values trump your addiction, there is no addiction. :a043: You are no longer conformed to this world but transformed with new thinking.

Hevyn 02-27-2019 09:23 AM

Thank you for an encouraging post, woowinnie. Over 8 months - that is fabulous. :)

ssm1972 02-27-2019 11:38 AM

Well done...how did you do it

SoberCAH 02-27-2019 11:46 AM

Great job, woo.

I, too, try to talk to God all day long, as my sponsor has instructed me to do now ever since I hired him.

Keep up the great work.

least 02-27-2019 01:08 PM

I relapsed over and over til I was finally sick of myself and got sober for good. :)

August252015 02-27-2019 02:57 PM

That's great- humility is even better, because we have to keep going. It keeps getting better, clearer, more spiritually rewarding, more temporally rewarding - it's life, for real. Best to you!

woowinnielrrm 02-27-2019 05:49 PM

THANKS GUYS! MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!:tyou

OtterIsland 02-27-2019 05:53 PM

WHEW! Thank god!

Never thought it could really happen to those of us who continually run into obstacles in life and keep relapsing....glad to hear it can work!!

woowinnielrrm 02-27-2019 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ssm1972 (Post 7133977)
Well done...how did you do it

Honestly I just KEPT GOING. There was no other way. I never kept myself so busy with other things in my life. The withdrawels, the extreme fatigue, I refused to let it win this time around. I just stayed close to God, dug my heels in, and refuse to go backwards. :ws_flower

Unshackled 02-27-2019 06:22 PM

Congrats on 8 months. God is truly great. Keep up the good work if it gets tough let your higher power fight your battle for you.

Delilah1 02-28-2019 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by woowinnielrrm (Post 7134227)
Honestly I just KEPT GOING. There was no other way. I never kept myself so busy with other things in my life. The withdrawels, the extreme fatigue, I refused to let it win this time around. I just stayed close to God, dug my heels in, and refuse to go backwards. :ws_flower

Refusing to go backwards is key, no matter how tough a day seems drinking will only make it worse. Nice job!!! You're going to have a year before you know it.❤️

Dee74 02-28-2019 03:46 PM

I flicked the switch really - the same stubborness that kept me drinking way beyond reason, I turned to surrrendering...I gave up on being a drinker....

in doing so, I gained a heck ton of other things :)

D