Notices

Having a five cans tonight

Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a five cans tonight

The most i have been sober in three years is one month.
Tonight I’m having five 440ml cans of bud light.
im trying to diet ,quit cigarettes and drink. And am studying. I also have borderline personality disorders.
I went to the shop for cigarettes but brought alcohol. I’m feeling really stressed ATM I’m also trying to leave a domestic abuse relationship. I say trying ... every time I drink I get in contact with him out of loneliness. I just wanted to post I’m feeling alone x
Old 02-26-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. You're not alone here. Maybe trying g to do so many things at once is too much.

please put your safety first and get to a place ofor safety. Maybe pour the drink away. Perhaps quitting cigs and dieting can wait for a while till you feel stronger.

wishing you well.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You would feel a whole lot better if you had 0 cans tonight...

What you're looking for won't be found in the bottom of a can

What's the plan to get sober?
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you hun . My heads a mess . Your post has made me feel not so alone . I used to drink vodka now beer but I quest alcohol is alcohol x
Old 02-26-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
You would feel a whole lot better if you had 0 cans tonight...

What you're looking for won't be found in the bottom of a can

What's the plan to get sober?
my plan is to leave my relationship, try and go to counseling . My issues are deep routed . I used to be 56 lbs lighter three years ago . I have an issue with my weight borderline personality disorder and a boyfriend tormenting me calling me fat ugly and tubby it’s awful x
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Holly. I totally understand the drink problem as I have it too. But i really urge you to stay away from the abusive relationship. Ive been there and it never gets better...only worse. (I guess the same is true for alcohol). To me, its better to be lonely than to be abused. The best way to move on from something like that is zero contact. Tell yourself its not an option. (Wow...hearing myself say that makes me the think I should apply these same rules to my drinking!) Maybe there is someone else you can call when you need to talk?
Old 02-26-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm very confused by this thread. I understand people do things at their own pace and their own way....but declaring that you're trying to get sober and also saying that you plan to drink 5 cans of beer tonight? This is a new one...
Old 02-26-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
I'm very confused by this thread. I understand people do things at their own pace and their own way....but declaring that you're trying to get sober and also saying that you plan to drink 5 cans of beer tonight? This is a new one...
umm I don’t want to drink but can’t help it it’s like an urge . I know drink slowly destroys me I’m not stupid . I just falling into the habit of drinking again
Old 02-26-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hollydoll View Post

umm I don’t want to drink but can’t help it it’s like an urge . I know drink slowly destroys me I’m not stupid . I just falling into the habit of drinking again
surley if you have been there yourself to understand?
Old 02-26-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

and yes I am trying to be sober . Tomorrow I will not drink for as long as possible. I do everyday. But tonight I need it
Old 02-26-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katlyne View Post
Hi, Holly. I totally understand the drink problem as I have it too. But i really urge you to stay away from the abusive relationship. Ive been there and it never gets better...only worse. (I guess the same is true for alcohol). To me, its better to be lonely than to be abused. The best way to move on from something like that is zero contact. Tell yourself its not an option. (Wow...hearing myself say that makes me the think I should apply these same rules to my drinking!) Maybe there is someone else you can call when you need to talk?
my mum also has a drink problem and mental health issues . She is there but can also be verbally abusive . You understand the vicious circle it’s madness almost . I’ll hate myself tomorrow but that instant relief is a way of shutting my brain down for an instant x
Old 02-26-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Hollydoll!

Thanks for coming here and posting-no matter where you are in your recovery. Here's a good thread to join:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7133337
Old 02-26-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

AND EVERYONE IN ADDICTION DOESNT WANT TO DRINK AND TRIES AND FAILS AND TRIES AGAIN. That’s addiction
Old 02-26-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whodeypi View Post
i'm very confused by this thread. I understand people do things at their own pace and their own way....but declaring that you're trying to get sober and also saying that you plan to drink 5 cans of beer tonight? This is a new one...
and i didnt and dont plan to drink
Old 02-26-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hollydoll View Post

surley if you have been there yourself to understand?
I wish you the best Holly.

But from my experience moderation isn't the key with me. It's cold turkey or I'm right back to swirling the drain again, and there I go! Back into full time drinking again. I tried it way too many times.
I'd say to myself at the store "ahh just one 6 pack and I'll continue on with quitting tomorrow!" Of course it never worked.

Now that boyfriend!! If my hubby treated me like that he'd be one hurtin unit!! Nobody deserves that kind of treatment.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hollydoll

Other members drinking can sometimes bring out a strong reaction in other people trying to stay sober - I hope you'll try and understand those posters and in turn I hope they'll try and understand you

You're in the right place
SR is for people struggling.
Thats why we exist.

I'd hate to see anyone feel unwelcome.

I certainly remember not intending to drink and then ending up drinking.

Tomorrows a new day
Have you thought any yet on what you might do differently then?

D
Old 02-26-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Hollydoll

Other members drinking can sometimes bring out a strong reaction in other people trying to stay sober - I hope you'll try and understand those posters and in turn I hope they'll try and understand you

You're in the right place
SR is for people struggling.
Thats why we exist.

I'd hate to see anyone feel unwelcome.

I certainly remember not intending to drink and then ending up drinking.

Tomorrows a new day
Have you thought any yet on what you might do differently then?

D
yes I need counseling. I need to connect with people on SR and stay off it completely. Thank you for posting x
Old 02-26-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Get through tonight dust yourself off and try to make a plan for not drinking when tomorrow comes. I know it’s hard and difficult but it’s worth it. We’ll see you tomorrow
Old 02-26-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR🙂 I’ve found posting and reading SR has really helped me to stay sober.