Notices

Having a five cans tonight

Old 02-26-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

and i didnt and dont plan to drink

well the title of your thread indicates that you DO plan to drink tonite: Having 5 cans tonite.

and other members are trying to give you options to NOT drink tonite. and that means confronting the rationalization of needing a drink. we are all addicts here, we get the game, we also get the lies our inner addict tells us to get us to take that first drink. you'll be better of if you do not give in.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Holly,

I hope that tomorrow is your Day 1 and that you do not drink at all. I do understand how hard this is, but I also know that you can do it. We are here to support you.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi (((holly doll))) You are not alone here! I’ve been there. It’s a cycle. Wanting to be sober, yet trying to drink in control at the same time. I get it. The cycle can never be broken, though, until, well, it’s broken. I had to commit to never giving in again or trying to negotiate with myself. Counseling is a great idea if you have access. It was so helpful for me, and I still see my therapist from time to time. Do you take medication for your mental health issues? That might be an option to talk to your doctor about too.

I also have to agree with Stronger. SR has helped me so much. I hope to see you around here.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hollydoll View Post

AND EVERYONE IN ADDICTION DOESNT WANT TO DRINK AND TRIES AND FAILS AND TRIES AGAIN. That’s addiction
in active addiction that hasnt been treated?yup
however when an addict/alcoholic WANTS to stop and is WILLING to go to ANY lengths for victory over alcohol, then remains vigilant, they tend to remain sober.

i had one time i decided all of that and havent drank since.

its possible for you,too, holly if you WANT to stop drinking and are WILLING to go to ANY lengths to get and stay sober.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hollydoll View Post

AND EVERYONE IN ADDICTION DOESNT WANT TO DRINK AND TRIES AND FAILS AND TRIES AGAIN. That’s addiction
I apologize if my reply came across as judgmental, that was not my intent. I want everyone to feel welcome, I was just trying to get a better understanding of your state of mind. When I quit, I quit cold turkey, so I just didn't understand the process of "weening" yourself off it. Not saying my method is better than any other method, just still learning. I wish you the best!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Keep coming back and reading Hollydoll.

I had to make it a decision.

A Decision to never again use my own hand to pick up alcohol and put it in my mouth. No matter what.

Then one day at a time I started to heal.

I was not a victim, I had the power all along.

So do you.

Keep coming back.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kdon853 View Post
Get through tonight dust yourself off and try to make a plan for not drinking when tomorrow comes. I know it’s hard and difficult but it’s worth it. We’ll see you tomorrow
Delaying until tomorrow never worked for me. It was always just one more day or night or drinking and I'll go sober. The key, for me, is to worry about tomorrow, tomorrow, and stay sober just for today.