Notices

Cocaine

Old 02-25-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cocaine

So along side my 27 days sober🙌🙌🙌🙌
I've just worked out the last time i took cocaine was...............wait for it ...............2months and 19days🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌. For me coke was always psychological not physical, they went hand in hand.
Feeling happy,strong and most of all proud to have got this far...........
I'm still standing, still fighting, still winning.
As always much love to everyone
🙏💖
Old 02-25-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey Doris,
great to see you moving right along.
what happens when you take the "still" out of this sentence:
"I'm still standing, still fighting, still winning."
Old 02-25-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing great, Doris!! Keep it up! I know you can and will.

And I like what you said, fini. Changes the overall impression of the sentence a whole lot.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Didn't even know ya did coke, but good job quitting that too! You're even more inspiring. I was fortunate enough that I never got into anything like that, or smoking...it has always been about the alcohol for me.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
So along side my 27 days sober🙌🙌🙌🙌
I've just worked out the last time i took cocaine was...............wait for it ...............2months and 19days🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌.
🙏💖
I did drugs for a few years long long ago, but just quit when I started having adverse psychological reactions. There was no withdrawal or cravings. I just quit. I tried every drug that was easily obtainable on the streets in the late 60s. At that time, cocaine had not become widely popular. I have no idea what it's like, or how much I might like it. I just assume that drugs, pleasant or not, don't have much to do with my ability to accept the reality I am now comfortable with, and this is boat I don't want to rock.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done Doris. Primarily alcohol was my go to but cocaine played a huge part of my addiction as an upper. Well done you!!!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yay!
Old 02-25-2019, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Well done Doris. Primarily alcohol was my go to but cocaine played a huge part of my addiction as an upper. Well done you!!!
I'd do anything I could get my hands on unfortunately, for the best part of 30years, always swapping something, for something else 😱.
So I'm clean and sober 🙌🙌🙌
🙏💖
Old 02-25-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico View Post
Yay!
Heyyyy snowy, this solider is marching on now 🙌🙌🙌. Hope your good my friend. Much love to you and your family.
🙏💖
Old 02-25-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'd do anything I could get my hands on unfortunately, for the best part of 30years, always swapping something, for something else 😱.
🙏💖
It comes in many guises that wee beastie.
Better off clean. You know where you stand that way.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

🙏💖
I think that's the best way.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
I did drugs for a few years long long ago, but just quit when I started having adverse psychological reactions. There was no withdrawal or cravings. I just quit. I tried every drug that was easily obtainable on the streets in the late 60s. At that time, cocaine had not become widely popular. I have no idea what it's like, or how much I might like it. I just assume that drugs, pleasant or not, don't have much to do with my ability to accept the reality I am now comfortable with, and this is boat I don't want to rock.
I started my quest for the perfect high around that time (or perhaps a year or 2 later) also.

I'm sure glad that I got sober before a lot of the things on the street today became popular.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberCAH View Post
I started my quest for the perfect high around that time (or perhaps a year or 2 later) also.

I'm sure glad that I got sober before a lot of the things on the street today became popular.
Most of the drugs available in my area back then were considered more or less harmless by knowledgeable users. Society overall was horrified by any drug use (except for alcohol of course).

People I knew in college had little interest in experimenting with addictive substances. And society was just beginning to differentiate between addictive substances and the so called recreational drugs. Prior to that, I was taught that all drugs were addictive, including marijuana. I was actually surprised to learn that marijuana was not addictive when I was 24, and this proved to be true in my experience. After years of daily use, I just quit, just quit. No problem at all.

I suppose a case can be made for psychological habituation, and I suppose that could loosely be considered addiction, but from my experience, none of the drugs I used, some quite powerful, demonstrated the addictive properties of tobacco or alcohol. But how the older generation fiercely condemned the youth for drug use, while they lamented the decline of society as they sat drinking highballs in bars or around the dinner table.

No wonder my generation rebelled against so much of what we had been taught. Even as I abruptly ended my days of drugging, I consoled myself that I could always depend on alcohol with the full approval of a society that accepted it as a perfectly normal way of altering our brain chemistry in a completely safe way. Sheesh! With the misconceptions so ingrained in mankind, how did we ever figure out how to land on the Moon or send rovers to Mars?