SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back to AA (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436597-back-aa.html)

Highercall 02-23-2019 09:05 AM

Back to AA

Not watching the rugby today have to avoid it. Went to an AA meeting today which went well. I had to make the effort to get there and had a good walk back.

I cannot get sober on my own. I wish I did not have to go to AA but I can’t stay sober on my own for more than 3 days.

i have been quite depressed today my life has been a constant struggle with little or no happiness. Time for a change.

doggonecarl 02-23-2019 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Highercall (Post 7131259)

i have been quite depressed today my life has been a constant struggle with little or no happiness.

I guessing only part of your life has been a struggle...with more of your life remaining than you suffered through if you can get and stay sober.

stay strong

lessgravity 02-23-2019 09:55 AM

There's lots of support here and AA works for some people. But here's the thing HC, no one is coming to save you. Not you, not me, not any of us.

Until I finally understood this, I drank. Now I'm free.

Hope you find a way to finally stop for good.

ScottFromWI 02-23-2019 10:29 AM

I hope you do indeed go HC. As others say, going to a meeting is a good start, but it's not going to fix the real problem which is the choices you make. You've posted that you are "going back to AA" probably at least a half dozen times over the past few months, what does it actually mean to you?

Highercall 02-23-2019 10:31 AM

It means wanting desperately to get sober as I can’t go on like this anymore.

ScottFromWI 02-23-2019 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Highercall (Post 7131301)

Yes you've told us that dozens of times. I mean what do you plan to DO in order to be sober. Going to an AA meeting is a good idea but it won't make you sober in itself. What do you plan to do when you get there, and after you leave?

Doris47 02-23-2019 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Highercall (Post 7131259)
Not watching the rugby today have to avoid it. Went to an AA meeting today which went well. I had to make the effort to get there and had a good walk back.

I cannot get sober on my own. I wish I did not have to go to AA but I can’t stay sober on my own for more than 3 days.

i have been quite depressed today my life has been a constant struggle with little or no happiness. Time for a change.

Good job you didn't watch we lost 😂

MantaLady 02-23-2019 10:51 AM

Good job for getting to AA tonight HC, one hour at a time, one day at a time. Take care of yourself tonight xx

Mango212 02-23-2019 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by mantalady (Post 7131312)
good job for getting to aa tonight hc, one hour at a time, one day at a time. Take care of yourself tonight xx

+10

tomsteve 02-23-2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Highercall (Post 7131301)

now are you willing to go to ANY lengths for victory over alcohol?

Highercall 02-23-2019 12:21 PM

yes yes and yes

tomsteve 02-23-2019 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Highercall (Post 7131363)
yes yes and yes

then its simple:
go to meetings, read the big book, work the steps(with a sponosr to guide you),pray like crazy,dont drink even when your ass is falling off, repeat.

Eddiebuckle 02-23-2019 02:10 PM

And never forget your last drink. Because if you ever choose to pick up again you won't be going back to the early days, you'll start where you left off and keep head downward from there.

Dee74 02-23-2019 03:35 PM

I'm glad you decided against the game and for AA HC :)