Notices

Please help me

Old 02-22-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know none and nothing can help me.
nah if that was true this site wouldn't exist, but it does...and people keep keep coming back to it because support helps.

You're not weak or pathetic or stupid - you're fighting the same battle everyone is - but it's much easier to fight in a battalion than it is to fight alone.

We have you back - if you need help ask for it, no matter how often - you're not alone.

I'm glad you're back Dandelion - you'e on the right road - change really can happen

D
Old 02-22-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Breathe
Old 02-23-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Its 600 am. Just trying to breathe .Frozen.

I only drank or took meds to try and help myself.

I lay here pathetic and defeated. No self esteem left.

Just want peace.

Thanks for listening
Old 02-23-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are not pathetic, you are reaching out for help, that is the first step.
Don't let that negative voice in your head win, treat yourself with some kindness, you do matter.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 02-23-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

One day at a time Dandelion, that is all you need to concern yourself with right now. You are here and posting so are not defeated, you are fighting the good fight so give yourself some credit. We can be our own worst critics so just for today try and be kind to yourself, treat yourself with love and respect, just for today.

What are your plans for the day? xx
Old 02-23-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I dont know. Just trying to get my mind straight. Im so tired. I honestly just want to drink and pass out.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I understand exactly what you are saying. Since I stopped, I have depression almost every evening. It starts, go figure about my drinking time, about 5-6PM, the time I would finish work for the day and crack my first beer.

Now sometimes, I think I'm going to run to my doctor and ask for 'something' to take this awful feeling away.

Sometimes it's even hard to describe this. I just am totally disinterested in everything. I've tried reading, computer games, just whatever, I feel sort of dead inside.

I wish I could tell you something to help, but it may just take time. How long were you drinking before you quit for 5 months? Our brain apparently gets very used to the alcohol and when it's removed, we want something to compensate for it.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent a lot of time here on SR in my first few days sober. This community helped me stay sober and get through.

We can help you too Dandelion

D
Old 02-23-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Dandelion, I think you will be able to learn to manage the anxiety. There are healthy ways to deal with life, and staying sober will allow you to work on those. Something as simple as breathing exercises can help to calm your body and mind.
Yes, Anna is right. If I can get off substances and booze, then anyone can. You can enjoy life too Dandelion. I drank (self-medicated) to deal with many anxieties. Then, I needed more and more just to get through the day. For me, the problem became that I didn't learn to deal with my stress in any other way than drinking and drugging.

I quit on Jan 1, 2019. I had to take it hour by hour and I posted constantly on SR to get through the first month.

Have you thought about joining the February 2019 class? Every month there is a new class of people quitting and getting clean that month. Many of us are still in withdrawal.

My anxiety is 80 percent less than when I was drinking. So, you need to get clean to know what level of anxiety is from alcohol and what level is from something else.

All I can say is it feels so much better to say goodbye to the substances: pills, booze, etc. It feels great.

You can do it too!