Notices

Sweetichick, you are missed.❤️

Old 02-23-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm very happy that you are giving AA a shot. I understand about the feeling of not being able to relate but an addict is an addict just maybe a different substance. Anyways keep going and take it one day at a time. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Thanks so much for all the encouraging messages. The liquor stores are open till midnight on Saturdays. Finding it really hard but I am not giving in. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit easier. I will try to get to AA in the morning. This group is full of drug users so I find it hard to relate. Not meaning to insult anyone who will argue that alcohol is just another drug. I need to be nonjudgmental and not judge the homeless or those been in jail. Just saying I find it hard.
still easier than getting drunk
Old 02-23-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick

So glad your back. It’s been day 1 again for me today and I have been to AA meeting today.

i too find AA meeting difficult but my inability to give up alcohol is really making my life hell.

im pleased I went today I need to give it a real chance this time. It was interesting to hear people’s stories. I’m going to but all negativity aside and give AA a real go this time.

Try to think positive. I have heard it said once you have been to AA you never really enjoy drinking again. That’s true for me. Keep going back.

Take car x
Old 02-24-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Sweeti,

Do you have anything planned for today after the meeting? Can you throw yourself into an organizing project around the house? A good book? A Netflix series? Something that will help pass the time, rather than looking at the clock to see if the liquor store is still open.
Thanks for all the tips Delilah. Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen and today I am cooking. I am on day 3 and have found it really hard. Constant cravings and fatigue. I am trying to keep myself distracted. About to do an online AA meeting. Thanks for all the support guys.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the tips Delilah. Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen and today I am cooking. I am on day 3 and have found it really hard. Constant cravings and fatigue. I am trying to keep myself distracted. About to do an online AA meeting. Thanks for all the support guys.
Congratulations on day 3! It's hard, but it does get easier. You're in the worst of it now.

Since you're in AA, I'll mention this. One of the big things I took from AA is that by helping another alcoholic, you're helping yourself. Why not poke around the forum and find people who haven't been able to make it to day 3 yet? Or are on day 1? By encouraging them, you'd also be helping yourself. You might be doing this already, so apologies if you are, but maybe it's something to think about?

I'm glad to see you around!
Old 02-24-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re on day 3, Sweeti. Whatever it takes, just don’t pick up a bottle of anything.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Get yourself some extra yummy sweet treats, not a miracle cure by any means but anything that helps with those relentless cravings. And don't let your brain enter into any dialogue with that pesky AV -Don't listen.

You can do it this time Sweeti.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today Sweeti?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Sweeti!
How was your weekend?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This was a very thoughtful thread. Everyone likes to know when they're missed. This is why I love you sober dorks!
Old 02-25-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking. I am ok. Starting to slowly get a lot more done each day. I am sick of only sleeping 4 hours at night though. Hopefully that passes soon. Hope you are all going well.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am sick of only sleeping 4 hours at night though. Hopefully that passes soon.

If you get some substantial sober time under your belt, it certainly will.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day four Sweeti!!!❤️
Old 02-26-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sweet,so glad to see you back posting and on Day 4! I know this is hard. But I know you can do it, too! Anytime you feel weak, can you check in here? Post all day if you need to. Read others stories and offer encouragement. I know you are struggling, but there is inspiration in your story.

In my early days, when I was so obsessed with drinking and trying to stay sober, I picked up art projects. I would also exercise. But sometimes that was not enough to distract my mind. So even though I am not an artist, I started to become creative with painting and mixed media, and all that detail really could distract me for hours. Very therapeutic. What about visiting your local craft store to pick up some supplies? Just a thought
Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well, Sweeti.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sleep will improve Sweeti--hang in there and keep posting and doing good things for yourself
Old 02-28-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

How are you doing Sweeti?
Old 03-05-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

You haven't posted in over a week. I hope you're working on your sobriety. You can do this, you just need to do the work.