Notices

New guy here, today is day 45 for me.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s kind words. It really means a lot. I just don’t know if I can do this anymore.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course you can - don't listen to that voice that tells you you can't - thats your addiction.

Its telling you that it'll never get better and that what you're feelign now is sobriety - it's not. It does get better.

IU drank all day everyday for years.,, You better believe that my first 30 days was rough - but so was my all day drinking life. People told me to hang on cos it gets better and it did.

If you let go and go back to drinking now, you'll only have to hit this point again in the future. Stay with us. Post.

Tell is whats making it hard for you today Trevor - maybe we can help?

D
Old 02-23-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What Dee said. What up? Most of us have been there, and we are here now.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Don't give up. Going back to the very thing that caused all your trouble will not make anytjing better. 45ish days is great. Keep it up.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Stick with it Trevor. 45 days is still early days and those are tough. Your brain chemicals are still messed up. What is worse is drinking and starting over again. Each withdrawal got worse and worse for me. Do whatever it takes, post on here constantly, go for a walk, read a book, eat a bite of something sweet (ice cream saved me!) , drink some water. AVRT method helped me also. All alcohol wants is to kill you, dont forget that. Hang in there.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 51 today and I’m about as miserable as I’ve ever been in my life. And not even because I want to drink. I have zero desire to. I don’t even think about it anymore. But I am absolutely miserable. 🥺
Old 02-26-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was miserable early in sobriety and it was suggested to me that I start practicing gratitude every day. It didn't solve all my problems but it did help my attitude. It made me happier too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Old 02-26-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome Trevor

Perhaps there is a social service, not for profit or house of worship program or combination there of to gather enough to get new housing.

I can imagine what it feels like to lose one's family but to be homeless afterwards is understandably difficult beyond my comprehension.

I know every area is a bit different in regard to financial assistance but I hope you can find some help there to lift your spirits.

Congrats on your choices. Hang in there
Old 02-27-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I see many others positing that this depression lasts months, into years before things get back to “normal”. No thank you. Not interested. Check please!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaboom123 View Post
I see many others positing that this depression lasts months, into years before things get back to “normal”. No thank you. Not interested. Check please!
It's not the case for everyone. I'm in month 10, once I got out of the muck, I've never felt better in my life.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I appreciate the welcome messages from everyone. I’m in a really bad place and it seems to get worse every moment. It isn’t even about drinking. That’s not going to happen. In fact I’ve been out to bars more in the last 45 days than I have in a few years and there’s not even one part of me that has even wanted to drink. It’s the depression and loneliness that is destroying me now. I stopped the thing that was destroying my life only to have it get steadily worse. I’m so lost. I know I need to keep positive but I honestly don’t know how right now. Every minute feels like an eternity and it’s like my life is slipping away. This wasn’t how things were supposed to be.
This broke my heart to read Trevor💔. I totally understand where your coming from. It's a long lonely road to walk. But can I just say, your not alone. All of us have experienced those feelings at some point or other. The only thing I can say is keep posting, keep close. It will get easier for you I'm sure. Hang in there buddy
Wishing you love strength and hope
💖🙏
Old 03-16-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well, it’s been 68 days. I had Tobias an app to figure it out because I’m not even counting anymore. Things still getting worse every day. Ex and kids have moved on and have someone new. I find myself pretty much without any friends. Everyone is busy with their friends and families and wives, kids etc. I have a few people I can text but that’s few and far between. I spend all my time alone except for work. It feels like years have passed now. Really starting to wonder why I would want to live like this. I don’t know how to change it. I’ve gone on all kinds of trips and to events and done new things and even joined a gym and started working out. I’m eating well and feeling and looking great physically.. I try talk to and meet new people. It doesn’t really work. I feel like I’m running out of time.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Also, people just tell me to “get help”. Well I’m not really interested in going and spilling my guts to a person that doesn’t really care about me anyway, and then we play pick the pills to make me all better. Sure it may take like 6 weeks to “work” and you may want to blow your head off every day til then. Oh and it might not work either. Then we just rinse and repeat and try the next one. NO.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Kaboom. Well done on the sobriety!! Massive achievement. Have you thought of AA? You could try to do an online meeting. You can remain anonymous, well that's the whole point. You don't need to utter a word if you don't like. I think you may benefit of mixing with others in recovery. I am NOT Christian AT ALL myself but found NA(for me) particularly important in my first couple of months. I am also early in sobriety 129 days so I know where you coming from. The connecting with others in recovery is SO IMPORTANT. You can even check out SMART online meetings if you don't want to do a face to face meeting. Just food for thought. I know you going through **** in your personal life ATM but drinking would make it far worse. You wanted sobriety you now have it. You need to nurture it like a fragile being. Everything will eventually start to fall to places. Strength to you!
Old 03-16-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Also, people just tell me to “get help”. Well I’m not really interested in going and spilling my guts to a person that doesn’t really care about me anyway....
What do you want, then? And how can we help?
Old 03-16-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I don’t know I guess. I don’t have a problem with alcohol anymore so I guess this isn’t the place for me. Best of luck to you all. ✌🏻
Old 03-16-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I don’t have a problem with alcohol anymore so I guess this isn’t the place for me.
I think 68 days is a little early to say you don't have a problem with alcohol. You are still dealing with the consequences of your drinking, so yes, this is still the place for you.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

that was a quick fix. tell me your secret.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

68 days is amazing progress, why dont you stick around to offer advice to people like me who are only on day 3? My relationship ended 7 years ago and it has been a up and down time, very lonely and hard at times, but i made it harder by my drinking, and when i met new people i ruined those relationships by still drinking and i have no doubt i would be in a far better position had i been strong like you and quit drinking straight away. Keep going and dont give up.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you don't leave, Trevor. You're still healing from all you've been through. Be patient with yourself. We care about you.