Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm in change of what I put in my body.

D
Thank you, Dee, and everyone for your comments. This has really helped me.

I am off for an early walk in the fresh air. I will repeat this - I am in charge.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Exercise

For me exercise is key. Maybe for you too. Sorry about the underlines. I can’t get it off. I’m a newbie too!
Old 02-19-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, over the last five years or so I completely lost my way with eating well and exercising, but I am rediscovering it now and loving it.

I was in a stressful job and went through quite disordered cycles of secretly starving myself, then binging, usually brought about when I caved in and drank and ate to excess. I hadn't really twigged that drinking was the reason I kept falling off the wagon with food and couldn't seem to get back to a healthy weight.

I am a good cook and though I have to remind myself regularly that I am allowed to eat delicious things, I am getting there and beginning to feel much more like myself.

I have tried to attach a picture from my walk this morning. I live in the city but if you drive for 10 minutes, you can go to beautiful quiet places. I went at silly o clock this morning before anyone would be there and felt the chilly air on my face. It was glorious.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Shaws bridge sunrise 1.gif (33.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Love your attitude, Sophie. What a beautiful picture.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 02-20-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you, Hevyn! It doesn't do it justice as I had to save it as a gif to get the file small enough for upload. It was so beautiful. The sky was soft with strokes of lilac. You know, the kind of thing you don't appreciate when you are drunk/waiting until an acceptable hour to get drunk/hungover/generally too depressed to open the front door.

I stopped walking for a moment to look at how lovely it was and felt so grateful that I was alive to see it. Then I remembered the kindness you all had shown me within minutes of my first post and thought I must take a picture to share it with you.

I hope you all get to look at something beautiful today, or, at the very least, step outside and enjoy the fresh air.