Notices

66 Days update and sleep question?

Old 02-16-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

66 Days update and sleep question?

Hi everyone, hope you all well. I'm 66 days beer/alcohol free today (also 26 days off cigarettes) feeling good most days now. Cravings getting less and less and when they come I try and distract myself. Sleep is much better now and only coughing up little gunge now from past smoking!! Brain fog is getting less and less with time and feel bit sharper every week or so when I look back!!. Complex problem solving though is still an issue though!! will take longer !!
I was wondering?? I sleep about 6.5 hours a night with a 30 minute nap in early afternoon most days while on my 2 hour lunch break from work. Do you think that is enough sleep for a 57 year old bloke? Everywhere I have read says 7- 8 hours a night! in one sleep, just wondering your sleep amount and how many hours suffice for you ? I work a 9 hour day x 6 days a week. The reason I am curious is that I believe I am suffering PAWS and know that sleep helps the brain recover along with exercise and good food!! maybe I need more sleep?? Thanks in advance for your reply's
Old 02-16-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’m around 47 days here and for the first solid month I was sleeping a ton (like 10 hours a day) but it has gotten a lot less, down to the amount you are now. I think it’s all about doing what feels right for your body at the time. I’m a big believer in sleep helping with PAWS, something I’ve suffered from this and prior times, but everyone’s requirements are different.

Naps are good too as sometimes nighttime can bring insomnia.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Plure thanks for reply, the way I look at it is there no point laying in bed when you are awake especially if you have work to go to. At the weekend I roll over and have another sleep for approx another 2 hours which I believe my body needs after a long weeks work. Hope that is not bad, yes I agree with you Plure in what you say about listening t your body !! my body now tells me its bed time so must go and get some ZZZZZZZZZZZZ's night night
Old 02-16-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As you get older sleep tends to get less. At 57 (three years older than me) I'd say that 6.5 hours is good as long as it is unbroken. Each cycle of sleep lasts about 90 minutes so you're getting 4 cycles of sleep which is healthy.

I'd love to manage about 8 hours sleep but I struggle to get even 6.5 hours in one go so yours seems fine to me. As long as you feel refreshed when you get up.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Robbie64 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NOW,
LOL N.N.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would think that as long as you wake up feeling good, not tired, you're getting enough sleep.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some people need a lot of sleep, others less.
As long as you feel ok, I wouldn't worry

D
Old 02-16-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

omg we put you to sleep just by replying! Sleep well, dream sweetly. Quality beats quantity when it comes to sleep as it’s deep sleep that’s restorative.