SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feeling wobbly (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436384-feeling-wobbly.html)

Doris47 02-16-2019 08:58 AM

Feeling wobbly

Day 18, feeling the wobble start 😱, just found myself pulling my boots on, with the lie in my head I need to go and get "bubble bath"
Nearly......very nearly.😱😱😱
But I stopped myself, pulled off my boots and sat back down, came straight on here to post. What is it with the weekend man ?????????
Having an off day today 😣, I know the feeling WILL pass, and I'm so glad I stopped myself. That in itself is a triumph, normally I would of hit the destruct button by now. So that I'm grateful for........
It's just hard sometimes, but no one said it was going to be easy........
You know, it's quite scary to think, just one moment of madness can change everything. ......
I have to stay close this weekend 100%

As always much love 🙏💖

KissMyTiara 02-16-2019 09:09 AM

This sounds weird, but I always keep a thick rubber band on my wrist. When I get a craving or AV comes calling, I pull it out and snap it hard on my wrist. Makes me go WTF are you thinking?

Doris47 02-16-2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara (Post 7125882)
This sounds weird, but I always keep a thick rubber band on my wrist. When I get a craving or AV comes calling, I pull it out and snap it hard on my wrist. Makes me go WTF are you thinking?

Doesn't sound weird at all, I'm gonna try it. It just came out of nowhere man, 🙏💖

MantaLady 02-16-2019 09:21 AM

Bloody good catch Doris!! Did the same thing myself, desperate to go to the shop for something but really it was my AV that was desperate and trying to get me in front of some alcohol so I would hopefully feed it!!

Meditation beads are good for grounding too. If your thoughts are taking over you need to trigger one of your other senses to take you out of your head. When you roll the beads in your fingers you are triggering “touch” and that can quickly ground you.

Great work D! xx

doggonecarl 02-16-2019 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Doris47 (Post 7125873)
Day 18, feeling the wobble start ��,

Good of you to come here.

I'm in physical therapy for a fractured leg and ankle. They have me standing on a board that wobbles like crazy. They told me as long as I keep my therapy up, I'll get stronger, the wobbling will cease.

Same with recovery. Keep at it, you'll get stronger. And with any kind of "wobble" support yourself as you need. We're here.

Doris47 02-16-2019 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by MantaLady (Post 7125889)
Bloody good catch Doris!! Did the same thing myself, desperate to go to the shop for something but really it was my AV that was desperate and trying to get me in front of some alcohol so I would hopefully feed it!!

Meditation beads are good for grounding too. If your thoughts are taking over you need to trigger one of your other senses to take you out of your head. When you roll the beads in your fingers you are triggering “touch” and that can quickly ground you.

Great work D! xx

Thanks mantalady 🙏💖

H379 02-16-2019 10:01 AM

Awesome catch Doris. Hope you are doing well.

Snowydelrico 02-16-2019 10:46 AM

Well spied. Incredible catch.
The tricks that AV tries to pull.
It used to have me working full speed so I could finish early for a drink.
What a t**t !

Things are much less erotic now. ( to quote my friends brother)

:You_Rock_

Doris47 02-16-2019 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7125922)
Well spied. Incredible catch.
The tricks that AV tries to pull.
It used to have me working full speed so I could finish early for a drink.
What a t**t !

Things are much less erotic now. ( to quote my friends brother)

:You_Rock_

Snowy you always have me laughing man 😂
I'm ok again now, had a bath, gave my head a wobble.
Back to being the strong kick ass woman that I am
🙏💖

Helianthus 02-16-2019 12:20 PM

Hey Doris :)

Brilliant job realising what was happening and stopping it, it's these skills that will help you stay sober in the long run. You've been doing so well, stay strong, stay sober!

Anna 02-16-2019 12:31 PM

Good for you, Doris!

Helianthus 02-16-2019 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by MantaLady (Post 7125889)

Great work D! xx

Thanks for this suggestion, I've just spent half an hour looking at meditation beads, wow there's some lovely ones I might give that a go :)

Tinkerbeau 02-16-2019 12:54 PM

Well done doris for stopping the the AV in its tracks, it is an amazing achievement to realise what was happening and prevent it. It's a good warning (for me anyway) what to be on guard for as that is just the sort of trick my mind would try.

matrac 02-16-2019 03:27 PM

Sometimes its a minute at a time. Hang in there and plan ahead for the weak moments

Dee74 02-16-2019 04:17 PM

Sounds like the right response Doris :)

Best wishes to you Carl for a speedy recovery :)

D

August252015 02-17-2019 03:58 AM

Great job Doris. a thought that never steers me wrong is "whatever it takes."

WhoDeyPI 02-18-2019 05:20 AM

Doris....did you "survive" until Monday? I know you did, but look forward to you checking in with us!

Doris47 02-18-2019 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI (Post 7127223)
Doris....did you "survive" until Monday? I know you did, but look forward to you checking in with us!

Yes I'm still kicking ass man, I did not Drink 🙌🙌🙌🙌 3 weeks tomorrow 😃. Had my wobble, got over it, dug deep and silenced that devil inside. NOT TODAY SATAN 🙌🙌🙌 I'm now the proud owner of a thick elastic band round my wrist. When ever I get the urge I'm gonna ping that band as hard as I can . Thanks for asking whodeypi . 💖🙏

MantaLady 02-18-2019 06:37 AM

Way to go Doris!! :supernan

Doris47 02-18-2019 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by MantaLady (Post 7127292)
Way to go Doris!! :supernan

Thanks mantalady xxx😃