Notices

There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane (2011)

Old 04-20-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just watched this. My gut was it was murder/suicide. Just based on what I gleamed from the documentary. I think while she was at McDonalds and the kids were playing in the park area she chugged vodka and smoked. It didn't hit her right away so she was OK at the Sunoco. Probably put more vodka in a cup in the car. She wasn't swerving and was intent. But WHY with the children. I don't get that. I also think something happened with her husband that he has never revealed. JMO
Old 04-20-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara View Post
I just watched this. My gut was it was murder/suicide. Just based on what I gleamed from the documentary. I think while she was at McDonalds and the kids were playing in the park area she chugged vodka and smoked. It didn't hit her right away so she was OK at the Sunoco. Probably put more vodka in a cup in the car. She wasn't swerving and was intent. But WHY with the children. I don't get that. I also think something happened with her husband that he has never revealed. JMO

Yeah SOMETHING was going on with her and I dont think it was a chronic alcohol/drug problem.

Very ...odd. Watching that documentary and the way they portrayed the moments before the crash I thought they were going to say she was on PCP.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree that something probably went on with her husband before or on the journey on the phone. It was mentioned during the documentary that he didn't want children plus he seemed pretty bitter at being left a single parent to that poor little boy.

The obsession to prove that Diane was ill rather than drunk may well of been guilt on his part, wanting to know that he was not the cause for her irrational behaviour had there been an altercation. Who knows.

I feel for the son, so pleased he was getting therapy but clearly the family have questioned him repeatedly about what happened in the car thus making him relive it over and over again.