Notices

Day 4

Old 02-14-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Made it through day 4 though still feel very groggy and having terrible night sweats?! Still no alcohol so another little step in right direction
Old 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Made it through day 4 though still feel very groggy and having terrible night sweats?! Still no alcohol so another little step in right direction
Hey Tinkerbeau,

Congratulations on getting through to day 4. If you're getting night sweats that's probably one of the physical symptoms of your withdrawal. If you feel concerned by that or other symptoms I'd suggest seeing a doctor.

In the past I've found that using a light blanket rather than a duvet/quilt was more convenient. I was either boiling hot or freezing cold and could never quite get comfortable. Like all things though, it will pass.

You keep going one day at a time. Well done!!!

Natom
Old 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Night sweats didn't last long with me. 7 days tops. The first two weeks were my hardest.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heyyyy tink, well done 🙌🙌 it will start to settle down soon mate. Keep going girl 🙏💖
Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone
Old 02-14-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very common symptom in withdrawal. I have had them for longer than a week alongside a slew of other systems (brain fog, clammy hands, extreme anxiety, night terrors, etc) depending on how much I’d been drinking the weeks/months before.

Hang out there, they will pass. Have you thought about letting your primary care doc (if you have one) in on your decision to quit drinking? May be able to help, too, if they continue longer.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations, keep up the good work
Old 02-14-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four days. That was always the tough one for me. I rarely made it past it, so I'm rooting for you.
And I would get the sweats the first three days, not to mention the anxiety and feelings of doom.
Felt better by the fourth day, so back to the bottle.
I wish you the best. Let those toxins get out of your body by sweating. It sure beats being drunk.
And remember, you never have to go through this again if you don't have that first drink.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Night sweats are uncomfortable, but rest assured totally normal and actually a good thing. It's your body purging itself of all the poison
Old 02-14-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep moving fwd TB

D
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You should join the February 2019 Support class here! I’m only on day 11. I like our class.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone, had better sleep last night and feeling brighter today, day 5 !!! Friday and week off so bit of a trigger normally but i cant and will not drink !!!! My plan for tonight pick up something nice for tea, take my parcels to post office, then do some housework (clean bathroom) then dye hair, do nails and face mask. Then chill with tv and enjoy my nice foods and early night. Ready for day 6.