Notices

10 months today - no one is coming to save me

Old 02-12-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 months! That’s fantastic!!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 10 months. Thanks for all the awesome posts I find hope and inspiration in them. Always keep your guard up I had almost a year back in 2003 and slipped it has taken this long and many more tries to get to where I feel like I am at peace with myself again. I can not tell you how many times through the years I have kicked myself for that one slip up in 2003.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

LG-

Another winner! First, congrats on 10 months. Wow!

Really cool to see your old post from 2013, and where you are today.

I agree. I owe a big part of my recovery to the folks here at SR. And yes, no one came to save me in my life either. It had to be me.

But we so help each other here, don't we?

I'm changing. For the better. Almost everything in my life. My job. My city. My friends. Almost 9 months for me.

I appreciate all your thought-provoking posts. They are so mindful, honest, and open.

Again, congrats on double digits.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
LG - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

In a nutshell this shows the challenge, the falls & finally sweet sweet victory:

lessgravity Member Join Date: Jun 2013
10 months today - 02-12-2019

Early Suffering Post:
Life blacked out
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...acked-out.html (Life blacked out)
It hurts just to read this...

Most EPIC post ever:
My guide to moderation
[[url]https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/433738-my-guide-moderation.html
One of the best posts by anyone ever on SR!
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.

Man going back and reading my first post was intense. 6 years, and a few lifetimes away. The feelings of pain, weakness, the horror of the cycle, picking up that ugly double bottle of Folonari Pinot Grigio (I can still hear the Polish woman who ran the liquor store repeating my order for delivery over the phone, I would often order two double bottles, just in case I finished the one- such shame...), the feeling of continued self-betrayal. I remember in that thread asking a member how long they had been sober - it seemed an impossible thing to do at the time.

Sigh. Mixed feelings going back there mentally. So much time lost, so many days wasted. I'm lucky to have made it out in the condition I'm in.

​​​​​​
​​​
​​​​
Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.

Man going back and reading my first post was intense. 6 years, and a few lifetimes away. The feelings of pain, weakness, the horror of the cycle, picking up that ugly double bottle of Folonari Pinot Grigio (I can still hear the Polish woman who ran the liquor store repeating my order for delivery over the phone - shame...), the feeling of continued self-betrayal. Even in that thread I remember asking a member how long they had been sober - it seemed an impossible thing to do at the time.

Sigh. Mixed feelings going back there mentally. So much time lost, so many days wasted. I'm lucky to have made it out in the condition I'm in.

​​​​​​
​​​
​​​​
I’ve read some of mine and feel similarly. Congrats on the time, LG. I’m grateful for your presence here.

-b
Old 02-13-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats LG .... you are an inspiration to me and others. Super post and well done