Notices

Day 1 again

Old 02-11-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've been there too brother. Single dad, the young son and killing myself over not being there for him as I continued to drink and drink. There's a way out. Just got to do the work. It's not easy but it's worth it.

So much good advice on this site. Just follow what people say and stick to it. Meetings, podcast, books there are so many ways for you to get out of your own way. You can do it for yourself and your son is so worth it man.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow gettingcloser yes that sounds just like me and how i feel i have to stop the maddness
Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice, well after a unsettled night i made it through day 1, and if i can never have another day 1 nothong could be that horrible again. Still tired and achy but off to work and i can not and will not drink.
still need to work on my plan but think getting on top of housework to keep busy, cinema, bowling and days out with my son will be a start. I have a weeks holiday next week so plenty time to mix up my routine and sort my head out.
typically i never go out to bars but this friday was meant to be going out with work friends, tbh its been a massive stress for me just thought of it, so obviously i wont go i will just cancel last minute or i will get nagged by them. I understand now im going to have to be selfish and focus on me and my son to get through this, till im stronger anyway.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Im a complete failure spent all weekend drinking again why can't i change when i desperately want to. I do not want to be a drunk alcoholic i hate myself. I turn 40 in june i want a new life but i cant seem to not drink. I have dragged myself through work today but feel so ill and depressed im scared i will die and my son will be alone. Please help me beat this poison
I don't think there's one person on this site that doesn't feel your pain least of all ME.
I struggle everyday but I believe the struggle is good, to give up is not an option. Everyday most of my time is spent on how I need to give up. I played a game of golf on the weekend with a hangover and every fairway walk i was thinking of how I could beat this. Yet today is not a good day for me.
Early bed tonight, and I'm going to find another way to beat this tomorrow.
Keep your head up
Old 02-12-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning tink, just wanted to check in with you to see how your feeling today😊. I know only to well how tough this ole life can be, and I just wanted to remind you, your not alone. Keep going mate, little steps.
Much love as always 🙏💖
Old 02-12-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

still need to work on my plan but think getting on top of housework to keep busy, cinema, bowling and days out with my son will be a start. I have a weeks holiday next week so plenty time to mix up my routine and sort my head out.
doing stuff is great but sadly doing stuff alone is probably not going to keep you from drinking TB.

If your plan depends on you staying busy, thats not tenable cos everyone needs downtime.

Think about a plan or strategy that you can use when you want to drink again - whether it's posting her first or calling someone or meeting up with other alcoholics...

D
Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks dee yes i know your right, its just i have no friends really so am very alone, my mam has enough worry as my dad has been so ill following his stroke. So i got to find a way to do this for myself but posting here daily is a start
Old 02-12-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
Morning tink, just wanted to check in with you to see how your feeling today😊. I know only to well how tough this ole life can be, and I just wanted to remind you, your not alone. Keep going mate, little steps.
Much love as always 🙏💖
thank you doris im ok, feel rubbish and unwell but have made it through day two, so yes little steps.

hope you are well