Notices

Life Is Over

Old 02-09-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Have you contacted a lawyer yet?
We don't know the legal system where you are or details--expert advice is best advice here I think.

From a layman's point of view, it sounds to me you may have gotten off really lucky if they can't use the sample.

Quitting drinking is critical at this point--I agree that you should read Buckley's story and also Meraviglioso, who posted above.

Both of them dealt with their driving / DUI issues really admirably, and used what happened to firmly close the door on drinking for good.

Ultimately, it isn't about what happened to you, but how you respond to what has happened that will determine a positive or negative outcome.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:53 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UhOh View Post
I’m having a panic attack. There was no breathalyzer but they took blood. He said the blood was being released but they could just be lying and arrest me when they get results?
Get an attorney and have them check on it for you. It will cost you a little but peace of mind is worth it.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I would definitely read through Buckley's threads, start with his first one. Also, talking to a lawyer is probably wise, it sounds like you got lucky, this is your chance to stop drinking completely, it really is worth it. I can't imagine ever drinking again. Life still throws things at you, but dealing with them sober is so much better.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

you're very lucky in the USA. In the UK you are automatically breathalisyed if the police come to the scene of an accident. If you are over the limit it is an automatic 12 month driving ban, no exceptions, no excuses.

ALso lucky not not have hurt or killed anyone.

As others have said, thank whoever for this lucky escape and use it to start your sobriety.
wishing you well
Old 02-10-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I could spend forever on the Internet looking at what may or may not happen to me but i
decided that’s maybe not the best idea. So I’m trying to distract myself by going to AA meetings. I think that’s the best thing I can do right now.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

If any person is here on the forum for the first time and you read this thread. I want you to take one thing away, tomorrow is not the day you should quit drinking, today is, right now. Ive often been a person who tries to quit when my normal daily routine is broken up somehow. For example, I’d say I’ll just keep drinking until the weekend and then I’ll stop. I’ll just drink until Christmas break then I’ll stop. 2 days ago, I was supposed to be going on a little mini vacation with my wife and kids. 3 days ago was my accident. I remember on Thursday thinking, Tomorrow I’ll quit, we’ll have a nice long weekend and Monday all will be well and I’ll make sobriety stick this time. Didn’t quite work out that way. Please, if your new and looking for help, get it now, right now. Not tomorrow or the next day or the weekend or whatever. If I had made that choice, ....... I just wish I had made that choice.