Notices

Life Is Over

Old 02-08-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UhOh View Post
Thanks for the support, this situation is fresh and really hurting. I haven’t even figured out work yet. I could be fired.
Why does your employer need to know about this? I had a DUI. Never told work.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry to hear about all the things you are going through. Your plate is definitely full. When I have a lot going on, I have learned to make myself slow down. Otherwise I panic and make poor decisions. I pick what's most important and try to just focus on that. The important thing to remember is that you will get through this and that there is life at the end of the tunnel. I've gone through my share of tragedies so I know things get better for you.
It's amazing how strong and resiliant alcoholics can be. We are truly survivors.
I also suggest the first thing you should do is get a lawyer than go from there. You will get through this, but will take time and patience. Take care. John
Old 02-08-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Uhoh - but you have a ton of support here.

You're not alone and, as horrible as you must feel right now, you can come back from this and rebuild just as many others here have

We're with you
D
Old 02-08-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I very sorry for your situation. I am sure it seems like everything is spiraling out of control right now but actually everything could be "falling into place." As others have said, this could be a blessing in disguise. It could be the first day of the rest of your life. Hang in there and please keep us posted!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear of your situation uhoh, but glad it wasnt worse than it was. Never been in this exact predicament but hope you listen to all the great advice here and really take it to heart and do some soul searching. Your life is what you make it. Never a better time to change this right? Go to that meeting and take it one day at a time, you can do this.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry, this happens to many people and even on this site. Luckily no one was hurt, it’s one positive to focus on. I have crashed my car drunk, into a flood. The guilt, shame and remorse is horrible. For now, don’t drink even though you feel like it may help relax you. Don’t make a bad situation worse by drinking. Try to distract yourself a bit for now, movies, books, rest, walks, healthy foods. It does get better but only if you stay sober.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I need some advice if anyone has any. I met with police and was charged a fine. No DUI or criminal charges. Does that mean it's done or could they still come back on me somehow? I was also told, the other person is ok but is still in the hospital. What could this mean?
Old 02-09-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I was under the impression you were drinking. Did they breathalyze you?
Old 02-09-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

And believe me, I will never drink again. Even if this all turns out ok. The what could have beens will haunt me forever. It's still going to cost me a lot, emotionally, financially. It's so difficult to do anything other than sit around and worry. There's a lot of AA meetings around today. I have to get to them but I'll be at as many as I can.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
I was under the impression you were drinking. Did they breathalyze you?
No they didn't
Old 02-09-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well, that changes everything. You have nothing to worry about then besides the fine and cost to fix the car etc. Were you drinking or were you completely sober?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So how did the meeting go last night?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

They thought I was on drugs, so there was no breathalyzer. And there was something about the blood sample at the hospital, they said they couldn't use it. They said the blood sample and my car were being taken off hold. I was given a ticket and sent home. He said if I were to fight the ticket and go to court, they would be able to bring this all up to a judge. So he said pay the ticket and thank God. But I'm so worried, is this all some setup?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I was but the cop said he didn't smell anything, so he assumed I had taken drugs.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thanking God sounds like really good advice.

Powerful prayer, said often, daily, hourly, pausing with intent,

"God, thank you!"
Old 02-09-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Your insurance company may have to cover the medical bills and repair costs of the person you hit. That may drive up your insurance costs/premiums
Old 02-09-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

If insurance sees a police report, I don't know what it will say. Will insurance only take the ticket into consideration, or would the report say suspected DUI or something and insurance won't cover anything?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

It sounds like you need to thank whoever you need to thank for just how lucky you got. The cavalier attitude leading up to this needs to be reconsidered. If I was you I would go read the threads by Buckley who demonstrated real strength and perseverance in a very very difficult situation that it sounds like you may be lucky enough to have avoided.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

This sounds a mess and like no one has any idea what is going on. My advice is to just go with it. I had a DUI last year, one in which I "escaped" from the scene of the crime and had my two minor children in the car with me. I slightly tapped the back of another car and the woman got out holding her neck, going on about how she was injured. I thought she was over reacting so I just drove off (wrong thing to do) and sped away with both her and the police chasing me. When the charges came I was charged with a basic DUI- no injuries, no leaving the scene of a crime, no driving drunk with minors in the car. I took it as a gift and have done everything to prove I am worthy of that.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I’m having a panic attack. There was no breathalyzer but they took blood. He said the blood was being released but they could just be lying and arrest me when they get results?