Notices

38 days - what next?

Old 03-17-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm just starting Day 77 so it's now 11 weeks without alcohol...

I had a good day yesterday - a lovely lunch with my parents, supper with my housemate and an evening of productive study. I really value having regained my evenings which used to be spent semi-conscious drinking.

I saw my psych consultant last week and he commented on how well I was looking, confiding that he had previously been really worried for my health. My mental wellbeing has improved and he thought that I'm doing all the right things. From a mental health point of view, he said the longer things continue going well, the less chance there is of a serious relapse. I hope this applies to alcohol as well.

I'm seeing my alcohol counsellor this week for the first time in a month. I'm going to discuss with her a plan for the next six months. I'm keen to get back into full time work (I feel I have a lot of catching up to do) but the current advice seems to be to take things steady and stick with part time for now, which is slightly frustrating.

Anyway, onwards with gratitude. Thanks for reading.

Forwards.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Love hearing all of this, forwards - first hearing your literal days sober, then a close second being the thought process you are having and your acknowledgment of up and down.

Recognizing the down as a part of our recovery is important.

I also just thought to tell you that I noticed a big jump forward in lots of stuff around 100 days - I recall certain points along my path as notable shifts (for the good) and they have often been just before or after an "established" marker like 90 days or a year. Recognizing those is important to me, like dealing the down weeks or so I also recall.

keep going!!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in on Day 86...

I'm doing quite well. My meeting with my alcohol counsellor was very positive, my meeting with my mental health nurse was useful (she actually muttered 'thank you for not drinking' as she left...) and I spent some time with my psychologist this week - she has given me an interesting reading list I'm catching up with SR several times a day of course. So much excellent support...

So, progress:

- My paid work is going well having delivered a project in double quick time and I have been invited to discuss the next.
- I'm cooking for my housemates now as well as myself and they have commented that they appreciate it.
- My anxiety levels, are gradually becoming more controllable though I'm still working on this.
- I'm visibly and measurably more healthy physically.
- Most of all, I'm slowly starting to feel that I am becoming part of the human race again.

For all this I'm grateful. Onwards! Thank you for reading. Forwards.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Forwards

D
Old 03-28-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad things are getting better and better, forwards.