Notices

To keep track or not to keep track

Old 02-07-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have 'Easy Quit Drinking' app on my phone. Has a counter and lots of little trophies that you get for each milestone.

I'm a bit of a kid at heart and love keeping track, but I also like to have something to show myself for the achievements. I ended up deciding on buying a sobriety coin for each month I'm sober. They are the 12 step coins from AA (though I'm not in AA and I don't follow the 12 step path, I like the coins and it serves as a reminder to me, and is just personal I suppose (though I've only had to buy 2 so far. 1 for the 24 hur to mark my start, and one for the 1st month).
For the sake of a couple of pounds, I think it's worth it for me.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The unit of time that I use to count my sobriety is years.

And it amazes me that I can do that. I remember a time when it was hours.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have an app. I take note of milestones - the last one was 500 days. The next big one is 18 months! Keeping track is fun for me but I’m definitely not as focused on it as I was in the first year. Getting to one year did seem to slow to a crawl by the end. Thanks for the thread!
Old 02-07-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yep. I have an app called "I am Sober".

It even tells you how many hours I've saved by not drinking, and how much money I've saved by not drinking.

I approximated I used to waste about $20 and four hours a day drinking, on average.

I'm currently on 45 days sober and already I would have wasted 180 hours drinking and nearly $1000 in that time if I was still drinking!

I only check it every few days now, days are going by quickly and I'm in a good place.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I kept track of every day at first...it helped somehow. As days turned into weeks I counted less often. I’m not sure I’ll ever forget my quit day, and so I can count whenever I feel the need.