Notices

Exhausted

Old 02-06-2019, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhausted

Today is day 8, I'm physically and mentally knackerd....
Sleep isn't restful at the moment..........felt I was waking every hour, trying not to let the walls close in around me....that in its self is a battle...
But I'm staying on that bus .......keeping busy.

I'm not going to allow any chat or negativity enter my thought process...........I've got to stay on top, focus and breath.....
That's all I have to do today 😊.............
I do not want to drink.....
I will not drink.....
And that's all I need to concentrate on
Much love to everyone that's struggling today, we will get through it
🙏💖
Old 02-06-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Soon you'll be sleeping better than you knew was possible. Now that I'm sober, and on day 166, I actually look forward to sleep. I have these crazy adventurous dreams. Vivid and refreshing. It's like every time I close my eyes I'm about to star in my own epic movie. I love it, it's truly a rush. That's what you have to look forward to! You got this, you know you got this, I know you got this. HUMP DAYYYYY!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Soon you'll be sleeping better than you knew was possible. Now that I'm sober, and on day 166, I actually look forward to sleep. I have these crazy adventurous dreams. Vivid and refreshing. It's like every time I close my eyes I'm about to star in my own epic movie. I love it, it's truly a rush. That's what you have to look forward to! You got this, you know you got this, I know you got this. HUMP DAYYYYY!
Thank you 😄, I'm looking forward to that, that's for sure, it'll be cool being a super hero or something instead of a train wreck 😝. I've got it all to come again.
I will, I know just gotta be patient and ride the waves 🙏💖
Old 02-06-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SIB

Day 7 for me and last night was the first night I got a full 8 hours. Since around day 4 its been 6 every night until last night. Keep at it
Old 02-06-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Doris, I also use the tactic of thought diversion when the internal noise comes up, especially if it is my AV speaking to me. There is no need to examine in detail everything that comes into your head with that chatter, just to quell it for a period until you are more even-minded. If it's something that is worrying you, it can probably be dealt with at another time. I don't focus on the why am I thinking this so much as is the thought valid when negative things come up.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SIB

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
Doris, I also use the tactic of thought diversion when the internal noise comes up, especially if it is my AV speaking to me. There is no need to examine in detail everything that comes into your head with that chatter, just to quell it for a period until you are more even-minded. If it's something that is worrying you, it can probably be dealt with at another time. I don't focus on the why am I thinking this so much as is the thought valid when negative things come up.
My trick for dealing with that is to put a documentary or something interesting on my laptop with the lid shut on the night table beside my bed on a low volume. When I concentrate on the show my mind doesn't race with thoughts and worries that can keep me up all night.

With this method I am out in 5-10 minutes and it has worked for years
Old 02-06-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
Thank you 😄, I'm looking forward to that, that's for sure, it'll be cool being a super hero or something instead of a train wreck 😝. I've got it all to come again.
I will, I know just gotta be patient and ride the waves 🙏💖
More times than not, I'm some warrior hiking around in Europe someplace in like the 1300s. I think I've watched Braveheart too many times. I've never even been to Europe. Then I wake up and am bummed out before I'm back to my lame life.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, I’m Day 10 and exhausted as well. Also, I’m starting to have bad nightmares again. I’ve heard the nightmares are from my brain recovering and the exhaustion is from the body’s organs needing rest to recover. I was sleeping 12 hours a day last week. This week I force myself to get up earlier. I’m tired in the day but still exercise at the gym and just pull through till early evening then I nap a bit, wake and try to sleep by 11 or 12 and wake by 8am. Keep going, rest and give your body and mind a chance to heal. It’s very normal
Old 02-06-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've always had trouble sleeping, but I had put the Sunday/Monday night horror sleeps down to the excessive binge drinking on weekends. 190+ days sober and I've discovered that nope, I just have garbage sleep whether I drink or not, lol! The positive thing is that my mind now races with fun illustration ideas, whereas before it would race with thoughts of how dangerous my drinking and smoking was for my health, what a failure of a human I was, the anxiety of facing people the next day, I'm going to die from these habits etc.

These days I tend to put things on to listen to, like Japanese language podcasts for example (as I love going to Japan and love knowing a little more of the language each time) and they stop my mind racing and help me to sleep.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Walk on

Gets better people! Day 20 for me and I'm no longer struggling or missing the stupid juice/cannabis. If you are mentally exhausted then maybe be easy on yourself, one battle at a time. Drop all the other challenges if you are doing gym and trying to lose weight too, you are already embroiled in a huge war for your mind.

And you are winning, you are allowed to struggle, you are allowed to miss it and feel like it's hard. You are fighting addiction, you are fighting mental illness; be compassionate and kind to yourself and see the progress you are making.

And to you specifically Doris47, you can do this and I want to see you do this - Craig
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That’s it Doris keep on top of the moment.
You’re doing great.

Wish I could get some sleep too.
My Bloody 3 year old blearing out the iPad shouting for her dummy at 5 am again!
I’ll probably miss it when it doesn’t happen lol.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Hi, I’m Day 10 and exhausted as well. Also, I’m starting to have bad nightmares again. I’ve heard the nightmares are from my brain recovering and the exhaustion is from the body’s organs needing rest to recover. I was sleeping 12 hours a day last week. This week I force myself to get up earlier. I’m tired in the day but still exercise at the gym and just pull through till early evening then I nap a bit, wake and try to sleep by 11 or 12 and wake by 8am. Keep going, rest and give your body and mind a chance to heal. It’s very normal
Yeah I suffer with horrific nightmares 😣
Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taooo View Post
Gets better people! Day 20 for me and I'm no longer struggling or missing the stupid juice/cannabis. If you are mentally exhausted then maybe be easy on yourself, one battle at a time. Drop all the other challenges if you are doing gym and trying to lose weight too, you are already embroiled in a huge war for your mind.

And you are winning, you are allowed to struggle, you are allowed to miss it and feel like it's hard. You are fighting addiction, you are fighting mental illness; be compassionate and kind to yourself and see the progress you are making.

And to you specifically Doris47, you can do this and I want to see you do this - Craig
Craig my eyes are leaking now 😉 thank you darlin, I'm ok and staying on top mate, much love to you 🙏💖
Old 02-06-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now, at everyone's kindness, I'm not used to it, this damn rollercoaster is to blame, I don't know what I'm doing right now, laughing one minute, crying the next, in fact I'm bawling now as I write this, but I think they are tears of relief for finally letting go man, I'm still strong, I'm still fighting but crying as I do it.
As always,I wish so much love to anyone struggling..........
Just get through today..........
Today I won't drink..........
🙏💖
Old 02-06-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 8 is fantastic Doris . . . keep pushing through . . . you can do this!!
Old 02-06-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Early on I set my schedule like clockwork. Get up at 6 am. Go to bed at 9 PM. No if ands or buts about it. Even if I couldn't sleep I was in bed. Even if I was sleepy in the am I was up.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was exhausted earlier and came to bed at 8.45pm, fell straight to sleep, it's now 12.50am woken with another nightmare, thought I'd pop in, read a few posts. Get my thoughts together an chill out again........
Luckily I have no work today, so I can afford a lie in when sleep takes hold again............
The rollercoaster of emotion leaves me whacked out.....
But I'm getting there.......I don't look to far ahead, because I can't see........
Time and patience..........
🙏💖
Old 02-06-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I've been feeling like crap, 31 days sober, I feel tired a lot and having tension headaches daily. I'm not sure if it's related to quitting or not. I also have very vivid dreams now and I wake a few times to turn over. Idk I don't feel great but I felt worse with hangovers so it's bareable. I have hope things can only improve!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 8!!!!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stay sober! It gets better.