Notices

Anyone need any help??

Old 02-04-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone need any help??

Ive been a member of SR for 6 months. I’ve had some wonderful sober times but keep going back to the drink. Terrible weekend (I don’t want to talk about it)

I’m trying something different. Anyone want any help with anything? I’m restricted to online (so no, I can’t tend your garden!) but if anyone wants a word of encouragement then I’m your man. I’m the worst type of failing drunk - I was the worst type of failing drunk - but I am keen to help others as they help me.

I don’t take myself too seriously. I DO need to get and stay sober and I find the advice and support of people on here very valuable.

So - what can I do for you?
Old 02-04-2019, 12:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well it's 3:25am here and I have been awake for 3 days. I am detoxing from the booze and have an unshakable sense of impending doom. Blacked out last week a couple times. Lost keys and wallet.

I really need to stop this sh*t
Old 02-04-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Canuck

Yes, we need to stop this ****. Never a truer word spoken!!

I dont know what to suggest apart from your are doing the right thing leaving that **** behind. Have you spoken to your Doctor, she may be able to help you with withdrawals?

And Canuck you have a friend here in the UK who is wishing you all the best
Old 02-04-2019, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This last bender was about 2 weeks. I drank vodka though. A lot. I have very little memory. Scary
Old 02-04-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is frightening what I have put myself through. Scary is the right word.

I am rooting for you mate, sleep will come
Old 02-04-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got, and get, a lot out of helping others Be.

Good strategy - that, along with asking for help before you drink, is a fine foundation for a recovery plan

D
Old 02-04-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anything I can do for you dee? (again, gardens are out of the question!)
Old 02-04-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

No I'm good thanks Be - off to bed soon

D
Old 02-04-2019, 02:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Heyyyyyy, I'm in early stages of recovery, day 6 🙌 been here a few times, always need help in pushing through, encouragement,advice .
🙏
Old 02-04-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Doris - the good news is that you only need to do this right once. You may have tried before but if you stick with it this time then the rest of your life is yours to live

Have a great day
Old 02-04-2019, 02:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Walk on

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
Heyyyyyy, I'm in early stages of recovery, day 6 🙌 been here a few times, always need help in pushing through, encouragement,advice .
🙏
Hey Doris hope you're doing well. You were the first and only person spoken to over chat on here and as such I'm really interested in your progress. I hope you're having success my friend
Old 02-04-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taooo View Post
Hey Doris hope you're doing well. You were the first and only person spoken to over chat on here and as such I'm really interested in your progress. I hope you're having success my friend
Heyyyyyy yeah I'm ok, been up an down. But once again determined to push on through, I think I worked myself up, an set myself up for a fall.
I tried to run when I could barely walk.
I've done NO coke since beginning of Dec. I have no desire or thoughts about it. I know ill never do any type of drugs again. I'm 100% sure on that.
I want that mind set for booze as well,.....
I'm back on the bus....
I will NOT drink today.......
Tomorrow is a new day, an a step closer to a brighter future........
I know I'm not alone.........and actually believe it this time
I'm posting, reading, talking, being kind to myself.
And to remember ........just get through today
Much love to you taooo.......I hope you are ok, and smashing it ...
🙏💖
Old 02-04-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was doing really well until Friday when I relapsed. I was so annoyed with myself and felt too embarrassed to come on here and admit it. In fact, that's exactly what i should have done. I'm still on the path...
Old 02-04-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Hi Doris - the good news is that you only need to do this right once. You may have tried before but if you stick with it this time then the rest of your life is yours to live

Have a great day
Thank you 🙏
Old 02-04-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stayonthepath View Post
I was doing really well until Friday when I relapsed. I was so annoyed with myself and felt too embarrassed to come on here and admit it. In fact, that's exactly what i should have done. I'm still on the path...
I totally get that, don't beat yourself up, move forward an get back on their train, together we are strong my friend. No judgement here 😄
Keep going 🙏
Old 02-04-2019, 03:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I am having a bad morning. I have been stressed out lately and short-fused. It seems like everytime I get myself to a 'happy place' I have something that sets me off. This morning I was just waking up and my bf showed me a book he read at the airport titled SOBER. Well it put me in a very defensive mood for some stupid reason. Now I feel like crying.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Its ok to cry Chloe. I often burst in to tears (when sober) at very inopportune times. Start thinking about something happening to one of my kids, its not even real stuff that makes me cry, its imagined in my head.

And Neighbours of course. They start playing that sad music and I am off!

What do you do to get yourself in the happy place? Its hard to change mood by will but maybe there is something you can do to take you there?

God I am good at this, I hope you realise all this "wisdom" is actually aimed straight at myself!!!
Old 02-04-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
I am having a bad morning. I have been stressed out lately and short-fused. It seems like everytime I get myself to a 'happy place' I have something that sets me off. This morning I was just waking up and my bf showed me a book he read at the airport titled SOBER. Well it put me in a very defensive mood for some stupid reason. Now I feel like crying.
Chloe rose, I agree with 123, it's good to cry, I myself am an emotional sorta person, I tried bottling everything up with not so good consequences, now im learning to go with what ever I feel. 😄
Old 02-04-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I was so tempted to drink today. I felt like "running away" into an alcoholic haze but, I saw this thread and it saved me from disaster. REALLY.
Yes, I let myself cry like a baby. It is pure frustration, sadness and lonliness that I am feeling. I know that drinking only makes it worse so I am gaining the strength I need to make it another sober day.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
I was so tempted to drink today. I felt like "running away" into an alcoholic haze but, I saw this thread and it saved me from disaster. REALLY.
Thats made my day!!!