Notices

Currently.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here and now

Currently.

Found myself becoming a little complacent, going to come back and get very active on the forum alongside my other recovery programs.

Doing well, a little over a month sober. I have a lot of financial stress at the moment, and going through step 4 has made me realize a lot of the pain I've caused. It's a hard time right now for me, that's for sure. Need more to lean on for support.

Also I am eating a lot more which I need to address, guess it's part of the recovery.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you recognise you need to stop up your recovery again Ekohe

D
Old 02-01-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Here and now

Yeah, my biggest weapon right now is awareness. I know my past too well, haha.

My recovery is my priority. I am excited and yearn to live a sober life, much more than the past I was trying to rebuild with drinking.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are definitely difficult periods in recovery, and facing the problems we caused while drinking is really hard. But, there's no way around it, but to deal with it. I'm glad you're aware that things are a bit tough at the moment. We are here for you.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You’re doing wonderfully. One month is amazing!

I think it’s awesome you’re here posting. Step four is difficult but getting through it and understanding our part helps so we can stop those patterns.
Also I ate so much in early sobriety and I’d do it all over again because it helped me stay sober. 💕
Old 02-01-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's great that you recognized it and caught it quickly, complacency can start you down a slippery slope. Congratulations on your sober time
Old 02-01-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time! I wouldn't be too concerned with policing your eating habits just yet. It's more important (and beneficial) to be sober than to count calories in early sobriety. I ate whatever I wanted for my first year. Weight poured off me and then I put a little back on. Am I beating myself up for it? Absolutely not. I figure that the people in my life who dealt with me at my crap worst while drinking can handle me sober with a slightly bigger butt.

Best wishes and lots of support to you!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So glad you posted!! This site has helped me stay sober for 3 years. Why don't you join us on the 24 hour thread? M
Old 02-01-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ekohe View Post
I am excited and yearn to live a sober life, much more than the past I was trying to rebuild with drinking.
Great way to put that! And good on you to notice when you're feeling complacent in your recovery. I returned back to drinking many times when I had no concept of complacency with my trying to stay quit.