Notices

Weekender Thread 1-3 February 2019

Old 02-01-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm hanging with you weekenders for the next three nights! It will be my fifth and I'm beginning to like not dealing with drunk weekenders at the pub.

My aim is to have a balanced weekend: completing work assignments and getting some exercise. Lots of reading an writing. Plus, starting my online dance lessons.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
I'm hanging with you weekenders for the next three nights! It will be my fifth and I'm beginning to like not dealing with drunk weekenders at the pub.

My aim is to have a balanced weekend: completing work assignments and getting some exercise. Lots of reading an writing. Plus, starting my online dance lessons.
Wait.

Online dance lessons? Do you dance with your wifi modem? Or a mop? How does that work? sounds interesting!

??

The zoo today was empty, it was raining cats and dogs. Yesterday there were a few gorilla "bonding" moments and small children were whisked away to the penguins, although I hear there are quite a few bonding moments going on over there, too. Tis almost Spring after all.. The gorilla ones are a bit more in-yer-face, for sure.

I had fish and chips for dinner. It was good. Then I had chocolate. Also good.

The construction crew is gone for the weekend and my curtains are open!

Good night to all new and not-so-new Weekenders. No alcohol or drugs will be picked up by moi. Sober Saturday morning is coming up soon. It's 5:19PM here on Friday. Raining and 48*F.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:24 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday to everyone! Glad to have a lot of productivity done as I wind down the evening. Back at work tomorrow morning and hanging at the office to get much needed catching up done until about 3. Then off to the gym for a workout. Come home, a little more catching up. Cook dinner. Wind down with some SR and Netflix, then off to bed.

I'll probably watch the Superbowl here alone or else at the lobby in my gym (my downstairs neighbor is a Patriots fan and makes a lot of noise)

Feeling as good as ever with a whole month of sobriety.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm on here, Day 12....not my first go at sobriety, struggling a lot here. Really looking for encouragement
Old 02-01-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hello SkyBird, what do you have planned to fill your time?
Old 02-01-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's 9pm Friday for me. Work done, Grocery shopping done. about to turn in for the night. Tomorrow I take dear daughter dragon out shopping, we are going to hit a big pet store. Then I have Ukulele lessons and after that out for pizza. Sunday is more shopping with dear daughter dragon then off to ukulele club strum. In between all that I'm hoping to to a little wood work as I recently aquired a drill press and scroll saw (used) to go along with my home made table saw. Making small projects out of wood is something I hope to take into my retirement and maybe even make a few dollars at.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I don't think I shared a finished picture or my table saw. I trimmed it with bits of douglas fur for a nice edge and made a guide squared to the blade.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

listae, loved your post along the lines of getting bored with the other type of weekenders you find at your local pub.

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Wait.

Online dance lessons? Do you dance with your wifi modem? Or a mop? How does that work? sounds interesting!

??
Thanks Bim, I enjoyed your post and think it’s worth a mention too. Especially so because I had second thoughts about a humorously intended post I made here yesterday evening, which was not meant to be at anyone’s expense at all. To my relief it seems to have been received the way I intended it to be and my concerns were probably unwarranted.

Besides for my alcohol use disorder, I am afflicted by a sense of humor that, in some respects, is not all that common or necessarily agreeable to the greater majority of people. To make matters worse, I sometimes have a niggling insecurity concerning my ability to assess people, so that I sometimes consider that I may have crossed the line by having made some or other post.

This very post might seem lighthearted, and rightly so, but it does have a slightly more serious element to it as well.

For me logging in here is all about strengthening my sobriety while trying to help others where I possibly could. At the same time it does give me a certain social satisfaction and enjoyment as well. I guess I’m just looking for some re-assurance that this is acceptable too.

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone!
Old 02-01-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I’m in!

My 35th weekend of the free me!

Great bike, love the peeps here!

Stay in the sober moments!!

Wish I had a party to go to on Sunday. I called in sick to work today. Anxious last night until 2 o’clock in the morning. Get some stuff done today and paid my taxes. Did some paperwork it’s still all over the floor, trying to get rid of a bunch of things. Spent time on the phone to the phone company and spent time on the phone to the credit card company who claim they never got my $1800 payment in January, charge me a late fee, when my bank proved that they got the money on January 2.

Got a person to do my house improvements for less than $4000 which is better than $7000.

Learned how to repair my Italian leather couch by myself and have someone looking at it tomorrow morning. Sacrificing a love seat and a couch for $300 for both.

Tomorrow meeting with the painter again for paying him half of the money upfront and making sure we are all on the same page. Plans to pack and purge some more things in the house.

Going to polish the countertops and get my car washed of the salt and hopefully sweep out the garage with bleach water.

Maybe go to the gym

Maybe there still someone out there who would like to have me over for the big football game…

Daughter and her boyfriend are spending the night tonight.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It’s 3:23 am and I’m binge watching amazon prime. At least I’m sober and may sleep late but wake up hangover free and hit the gym for the 5th day in a row. Sunday will be my 1 week and hopefully I’ll get my sleep schedule back to normal soon.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Skybird!

Nice work Dragon, Mr sad geek person here recognises the make of those ear defenders

Captain, alcoholic dependency and getting sober is a serious business so I think it's good to have a bit humour about things to cheer ourselves.

Nice day day here, I am committed to meeting some relatives today which is OK as they are nice people but I would probably not choose to spend Saturday with them. It could be worse, I would have been hungover and having to entertain them.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Where's the January class went to ?
Old 02-02-2019, 02:43 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

New to this thread, in the August thread daily but I'm struggling so much today I'm hoping sharing more can keep me sane...

It's Day 71 for me... This last couple of weeks have bee the toughest, I'm worse now than at the beginning, hoping this is a phase of my recovery and will pass!

All I want right now is a drink. I wont as I'm too scared, I can't risk being rushed back to hospital when my Dads so ill after his op...

I've never felt like this, sat in floods of tears feeling I have no life... I moved here in a very dark place and just drank extreme amounts in dingy places with other people doing the same. Suddenly Im sat here sober and feel I have no life, I do nothing! Go nowhere! See very few people! Got my nice cottage and amazing bf and dog and loving parents, job... Surely I should be happy!

My heads all over, feel empty but at the same time suffocating with tension... If I had a guarantee my pancreatitis wouldn't come back I'd go right now for a bottle! I cant cope feeling like this!

I must be experiencing cravings, not sure, I'm so fed up but with no energy to do anything. Need this to pass and FAST!!!

Apologies for a negative post I'm just hanging on by a thread today.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 View Post
Where's the January class went to ?
here?:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html (Class of January 2019 part 3)
Old 02-02-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sunflower84 - sorry to read you're feeling blue - anything happen to precipitate this?
We're here for you
Old 02-02-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks Caramel, nothing brought it on just part of the process I think. Its so tough right now. I'm so isolated, work from home, no social life here as I left where I lived with all my friends in the midst of extreme drinking and never built a life up here. I was starting yoga but with feeling this low, anxious, stressed etc I couldn't face it. I have one girlfriend local (Also in recovery) and she suggested I go to a group with her next week and meet more people in the same situation.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Nice to have that invitation.
Hope you can put down a few "roots" in the area.
What are you having for your lunch today? something warm and tasty?
Old 02-02-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just so pleased I haven't caved and got a drink!
I know I wont with the risks but its real tough today.
It's 11:26 here now so will have lunch soon, made a beef stew yesterday so more of that I reckon, good winter warming food.

Thinking of anyone / any of you in the affected parts of America with the polar vortex!
Old 02-02-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

(((Sunflower))) Glad you posted....it's good that you pointed out the things to be grateful for Maybe continue to focus on those things and then more positive thoughts will come to mind.....I've learned gratitude is a big part of recovery (easier said than done) but stay close....you're doing great!

The exercise sounds good too....I need to start that back up as well.....

Free2bme: "Stay in the sober moments" ~ I like that!

Had some drinking thoughts yesterday but thank goodness I just came home instead....attended an online "Smart" meeting and we discussed Puppy Bowl Gonna watch the Pregame "Tail-gating" program later on....getting ready for the big show tomorrow! (If anyone is interested in an alternative to the Superbowl, it's on Animal Planet Sunday afternoon)
Old 02-02-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Does January class continue as February class?