Notices

Weekender Thread 1-3 February 2019

Old 02-01-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Work all weekend for me 🙌 which is a good thing. Determined to stay on the bus. Still positive 🙏
Old 02-01-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

IN!

Good luck today andyh and best wishes to you looking for new jobs. Things are not exactly going to plan at my own job as new orders are hard to come by.

Someone must really have their hands full organising a puppy Bowl and kitten Bowl Purps.
Good to see you RedAndy, congratulations on a calender month!

Well done on claiming shotgun MidnightBlue. I had to Google Jocko Willink, I don't think he'd approve of me somehow.

https://youtu.be/cOm0vp5-6uw

Old 02-01-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey ya'll - I'll check out this weekender thread. Here are my plans:

Friday - At work right now, like I am every weekday 9-5. I'll get off at 5, hit the grocery store per my routine. Go home, cook, eat, binge Netflix....usually fall asleep by 10 on Fridays.

Saturday - Supposed to be 61 degrees here in North Carolina. I'll be up around 7am, cook breakfast, and head out to the mountains. I'll hit the trails around 10...and that will take up most of my day. I'll grab dinner with friends, then usually find a card game to win. Usually asleep around 11.

Sunday - Super Bowl Sunday. I'll head to the local bowling alley to practice around lunch time. Probably jump into a poker game while I'm there. Around game time I'm headed to a party with a bunch of "non-drinkers". These people just don't drink and never have. They aren't "into it". I'll never understand that, but they're a good group to hang with for sure!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My AV is bothering me a lot today. I hope it makes some other plans for the weekend as I am not enjoying the company of this pest!

I would like a visit from something opposite to a AV, maybe a PFV - positive fairy voice to grant me all my wishes ...
Old 02-01-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. I’m in for the weekend too.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm in too--gonna do some cooking and try and get a little ahead at work this weekend.

We got through the cold snap with a pretty much constant wood stove "intensive burn" and now the sun is shining and it is nearly 45 F just a day later.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Evening, weekenders.

WhoDey - Welcome to the weekenders!

Sao - Jocko is quite a cool guy. I listen to his podcast once in a while and I think he would surely approve of your sense of humor.

Back from the gym. Bumped into my "not a date" there. He did a good job distracting me from my straight legs deadlift. But I did it anyway)

Ok. Now I have to gather myself up to do some more work before going to bed.

Have a good day/night, everyone.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well MB, anyone knows you shouldn't lock your knees in a straight leg deadlift anyway
Old 02-01-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Well MB, anyone knows you shouldn't lock your knees in a straight leg deadlift anyway
)))

I am off to bed. Good night, weekenders.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders WhoDey

I had a short (very short, maybe 4 or 5 hundred metres) ride on a motorbike called a Kawasaki Ninja 14. It can supposedly do 207 mph or 333kmh, dear god bikes are fast these days, people must be mad but then I suppose drinking half a bottle of scotch plus every day is pretty stupid.

I took it up to ooh 31 maybe even32mph! It was raining ok.

Off to Crazy Golf, first time in 2019. I know there will be people there coming off of dry January but it no longer bothers me that much.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

After my long walk in the snow early this morning fell asleep on the sofa on my return and didn’t wake up till mid afternoon! Must have needed it and even though it’s only nearly 8pm I am getting ready to have an early night.

Debating on whether to book a week in Kalkan, Turkey in summer. It’s a nice traditional and calm place, not full of people getting mortal off alcohol and safe for a woman on their own.

Anyhow, take care all and here’s to another sober weekend! xx
Old 02-01-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I had a short (very short, maybe 4 or 5 hundred metres) ride on a motorbike called a Kawasaki Ninja 14. It can supposedly do 207 mph or 333kmh, dear god bikes are fast these days, people must be mad but then I suppose drinking half a bottle of scotch plus every day is pretty stupid.
Sao, right up until that point of your post I really wondered whether this occasion could possibly have happened one evening as you found yourself hitch-hiking....

AND THEN I saw the next part of you saying you took it up to maybe 30 say 32mph
Old 02-01-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well good evening you beautiful people you x
Old 02-01-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

This may be more your speed (and mine) Sao - top speed 30 mph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...auctioned.html
Old 02-01-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Sao, right up until that point of your post I really wondered whether this occasion could possibly have happened one evening as you found yourself hitch-hiking....

AND THEN I saw the next part of you saying you took it up to maybe 30 say 32mph
Yes, I just had a little ride it round the industrial estate I work in - no public roads as I don't think I am insured. It was one of those rare instances when I was glad not to me a young man anymore

OK so I was runner up at Crazy Golf (out of 6) which sounds ok but most of my friends had had a few drinks, never mind. I bailed shortly after 11.15pm. Have a grrreat evening those of you with some Friday still left.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

heres your PFV Kaily - ready to take on the AV
:
D
Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You can do it Kaily.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
This may be more your speed (and mine) Sao - top speed 30 mph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...auctioned.html

It's a fearsome looking machine. There was no "return stroke" on the piston, it was forced back by big rubber bands

https://youtu.be/jbbsDds1tbU

Old 02-01-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think I can I think I can

D
Old 02-01-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Today wasn't too nutty at the office, and I cleared my plate of a couple things that were pestering me, so I am home now in a pretty good mood. I was surprised not to see the string of people at the convenience store after their jobs picking up the evening booze, something I might have done in the past after a good (or bad) day. I got my newspaper and a chocolate bar, my new evening standbys.

Over the next couple of days I plan to visit with my parents, my Dad wasn't sounding very good on the phone this afternoon, and we will make a meal and I can relate my stories of a recent phone call with my oldest sister. If we are really motivated and the weather is okay, maybe we will get outside to clear some fallen tree brush to take to the local burn pile in their area. I have a book I have been asked to read by my new addiction counselor that I should get started, as I will see her in a couple weeks.

I don't know if I will watch the Super Bowl or not this weekend, I doubt it.

So much for what little news I have to share, and I wish you all a vibrant two days and nights ahead.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

THAT BIKE WAS A REAL THUMPER

Guener- the little news is so much better than drama and makes a good read