Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 1

Old 02-02-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MrWolfie68 Linners820 xxxNICHOLExxx Hopingwishing BlueWellies Lipstuck Canuck76 Mariposa MagnumCat Dustitoffman and Canguy

D
Old 02-02-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey there, closing out another sober day. Just wanted to check in and say that I really resonated with what Canuck and magnum were saying. Totally identify with your post about the anxiety getting too much, numbing it with alcohol, going awol on your loved ones, waking up having lost your phone/wallet and the anxiety being heightened in the aftermath! Phew drinking is hard work man! Sobriety is the right choice!!

To all the other newcomers, welcome! Hoping to hear and learn as the month goes on. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome to a new month!

MrWolfie68
Linners820 xxx
NICHOLExxx
Hopingwishing
BlueWellies
Lipstuck
Canuck76
Mariposa
MagnumCat
Dustitoffman
Canguy

There is a good group here. I made it through the second day of the month. It still feels like the beginning of a new year and the beginning of new possibilities through sobriety.

For everyone in there first few days, hang in there. The symptoms of withdrawal will get better and it is so worth the wait.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi guys i'm back and i'm killing it. Today is day 14 sober.
Been seeing a councilor and its helping heaps.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome back Sober81! I'm seeing a counselor as well and agree that it is helping heaps.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Sober81 and listae, I'm just wondering what type of counsellor you are seeing. I could probably use one. Do I look for one that deals with addictions or a general one to help deal with feelings and relationships? Suggestions?
Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I have both but often you can see one who can do both therapy and recovery work. It's important to be honest with the counselor. I tried therapy for years without stopping drinking and it really didn't work.

I now have to get my blood tested every two weeks so that the addiction counselor knows that I'm being honest. I really don't mind at this point about the test because I desperately need long term sobriety.

There were times that I thought about drinking and didn't because I knew that I would be tested for alcohol.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad everyone got through the day today.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sober81

D
Old 02-02-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thx guys, actually day 15!
Old 02-02-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Hi Sober81 and listae, I'm just wondering what type of counsellor you are seeing. I could probably use one. Do I look for one that deals with addictions or a general one to help deal with feelings and relationships? Suggestions?
Yeah ideally you want one that deals with addictions. I'm seeing one that is covered by my wifes work, so our out of pocked cost is zero.
Every country has different setups though.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stayonthepath View Post
Delighted to be here!

I just wanted to reach out to our friends who are caught in the polar vortex and hope they are staying as safe as they can.

I feel somewhat embarrassed on behalf of my own country - we have a light dusting of snow and everything shuts down, schools, transport etc.
hiya i am in sunny (currently rainy) san diego, california.. but my mom is in chicago. she's been driving 30 miles both ways in the snow and -20 degree (Fahrenheit) weather and she is at her wit's end. i told her to hop on a plane and come hang out at the beach with me..
Old 02-02-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
Day 2. Been drunk most nights for 2 weeks. I suffer from ADHD, anxiety, insomnia, as well alcoholism. Treatment has been hit and miss.

Lost my mobile phone and my wallet/ID during this binge. I am broke, unemployed, and alone. I am nearing a complete breakdown. All I have to eat is bread and water. Sick of life. It just gets worse....
i'm sorry for what you are going through but it seems like you're in the right place. can you get to an alano club to be around people that can help point you in the right direction? for some reason this post really stuck out to me and i really feel you because i have been in your exact spot.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

So good to see the class grow today!

It's been a long evening, good but long. So glad I made it another day sober. See you all tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 3. I am past the worst of detoxing; the anxiety attacks. Insomnia still present and will be for a couple weeks. The anxiety usually still crops up but the intense withdrawal anxiety is over. Now, I am just miserable.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Canguy happy to see you I’ve been thinking about you!!! Your always an inspiration keep pushing forward you got this!!
Canuck even tho you feel miserable right now it will get better just find things to comfort yourself any day you lay your head sober on a pillow is always a win!!
I’m going to try to stay active on this class I have an issue to shutdown isolate and disappear in classes when things get hard which always lead to drinking but I’m starting to see things different now!
Hopefully everyone has a lovely day!!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning. I got a bit of a sleep in this morning, maybe a little too much sleep. But I'm ready for another sober day!
Old 02-03-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I fell at the first hurdle and had a drink last night, woke up on the floor having passed out. My husband was having a few beers and it was niggling at me for hours until i gave in. My hubby had said just have a few which gave me permission and sparked the thought. We have had a chat today about me being serious and needing his help and for him to not facilitate me. I had such a good day yesterday that I feel so angry with myself, it was like a panic, this is my last chance kind of binge. I didnt even enjoy it.
so here we go again. Please have me back.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I am on day 2 here. Feeling ok, slightly anxious but nothing major. Day 4 is usually when I start to climb the walls so I'm trying to stick close this time.

I have having my basement finished and spent the morning giving the ceiling its first coat of paint. I'm kind of out of shape and arm strength is something I don't have a lot of so it's hard work! And I'm only a quarter of the way done.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

AwkwardKitty, I'm sorry you drank. I've been there so many times. Of course you are always welcome back with open arms! Please be gentle with yourself today.