Notices

Day 2

Old 01-31-2019, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

So I'm on day 2..... has a good night's sleep. I'm feeling positive today.
I've been reading lots of posts, and I'm definitely full of hope..

To read all the posts, which are positive, heartbreaking, inspiring. Makes me realize that, I'm not alone....

I know I will have days where I struggle, but I also know that it will pass. I have to throw everything I have into just concentrating on not picking up a drink, I've not thought about cocaine, I know I've slayed that particular demon🙌🙌.

So for me it's one thing at a time, not to overwhelm myself.
Little steps. Just for today I'm not going to drink

Much love to everyone 🙏💖
Old 01-31-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Walk on

Glad to know you didn't give up. You relapsed once in 10 days yeah? Thats a 90% improvement on a 10 day scale. You can do this! Never stop trying to stop and eventually it will stick when the time is right. Best wishes
Old 01-31-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doris - congratulations on day 2. Its hard, it really is. I'm on day 4 after being sober for 17 months and the first thought of suicide was with me on Monday - I truly wanted to die, felt if I was cut open I would be hollow inside as that's how I felt. But I know there is a solution for me and that's AA and the 12 step programme. I don't want to die, the drunk me does......I'm not that same person and one of my group members told me this amazing piece of information last night. I'm not drunk, full of regret, selfish. egotistical, judgemental peace - I'm a mum, inside of me there is goodness, I have hope again.

I wish you every bit of luck.

Peace x
Old 01-31-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've taken a lot of advice on board, mainly to take one step at a time...........simple really😀
But when you think of everything in one go, it overwhelms you. That's been my problem I think, trying to run when I could barely walk....
I think SR is going to be a massive part in my life,
So again little steps, each day at a time.
Gather strength, gather information,gather the support, put in place the tools I need to get through each day...
Together we are strong 💪💪
I'm so glad I'm here 😀
Old 01-31-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeaceInSilence View Post
Doris - congratulations on day 2. Its hard, it really is. I'm on day 4 after being sober for 17 months and the first thought of suicide was with me on Monday - I truly wanted to die, felt if I was cut open I would be hollow inside as that's how I felt. But I know there is a solution for me and that's AA and the 12 step programme. I don't want to die, the drunk me does......I'm not that same person and one of my group members told me this amazing piece of information last night. I'm not drunk, full of regret, selfish. egotistical, judgemental peace - I'm a mum, inside of me there is goodness, I have hope again.

I wish you every bit of luck.

Peace x
Ironically that is the alcohol causing such thoughts. Studies show that the absence of dopamine literally takes away one's will to live. Alcohol does this in short order.

I'd like to write a thread about this one day but suffice to say, since I quit drinking, the suicidal thoughts all but vanished.

Doris- you're doing great! You're not alone by a long shot!

PS: when I say "suicidal thoughts", they were literally just that: thoughts. I never once came close or even considered acting on them. I'm just pointing out that they actually appeared the more I drank. It's as fascinating as it is scary. I'd like to do more research and post more one day.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Good job, Doris - Day 2 !

Que será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see...........Stay sober and wonderful events will unfold in your life!
Old 01-31-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Peace, I did actually go there a month or so back �� but I'm alive an kicking (thankful for that)��
Water ox, I know I'm not alone NOW, took me awhile to get my head round that fact ��
Fly n buy, thank you, ��
Today I'm stong, today I won't have a drink ��
Taooo, I'm back on the bus, let's do this ������