Notices

I want to drink sooooooo bad

Old 01-26-2019, 07:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Was getting ready to post the same exact thing, saw your post.

My craving tonight was the worst to date. I waited 20 minutes, did breathing excercises and the craving just persisted.

I’m not much of a sweet person but I made a huge bowl of ice cream and ate away the craving. No alcohol today. Next time, I’ll need a better plan.

Good for you for not drinking—keep going and thanks for the post!!!
Old 01-26-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Suzieq17 View Post
Was getting ready to post the same exact thing, saw your post.

My craving tonight was the worst to date. I waited 20 minutes, did breathing excercises and the craving just persisted.

I’m not much of a sweet person but I made a huge bowl of ice cream and ate away the craving. No alcohol today. Next time, I’ll need a better plan.

Good for you for not drinking—keep going and thanks for the post!!!
I'm glad you're not drinking tonight either.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The bowl of ice cream can be part of a plan for staying sober. Lots of people here swear by ice cream to make cravings go away.

I found that often my cravings to drink meant that I was hungry. When I ate something, the craving went away.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was thinking about digging into some sweet treats myself.

Then going to try and sleep. It’ll be much easier tomorrow when my daughter is awake.

Stay strong all. Congrats on another sober day.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The AV was killing me earlier tonight. I was at a restaurant waiting for a table so we had to sit at the bar. I could feel the urge and had been thinking about a drink on the way there so I ordered club soda and lime immediately. My husband ordered a bourbon (grrrr) and then scooted off to the bathroom leaving the bourbon right there in front of me. I would be lying if I didn’t say I seriously thought about drinking it but breathed through it as best as I could, flagged down the bartender, and ordered pimento cheese ham biscuits. When he came back I told him I was totally craving a glass of wine and he looked at me like I was crazy. He quickly changed the subject and then within five minutes asked me if that was Stone Delicous IPA on tap. I asked him if he was trying to torture me to death ( I used to be a huge ipa drinker) and he again looked at me like I was crazy.

Once I ate the biscuits the craving passed. Ordered some green tea too and then it was definitely gone. All of this took about fifteen minutes.

The AV sucks. The cravings suck. But I made it.

80 days strong.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I still can’t sit at a bar and wait for a table. Hubby and I went to a restaurant the other day that we used to frequent for happy hour. Man, the cravings when I walked past the bar! But got into a booth with my back to the bar, over ordered good food, stuffed my face and still spent less money than I would have on a couple drinks and an appetizer. And felt no shame in the morning. Good on all of you for not giving in.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You guys are doing awesome! You are up against the toughest part of the disease. Alcoholic cravings are truly the definition of insanity, convincing yourself you can have one and it will be different this time.
I remember having intense cravings on a Sunday afternoon but I resisted with everything I had and it was amazing how much the AV diminished to manageable levels after that.
It is so good to see everyone supporting each other!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

@gettingcloser I’m so grateful for all of the support here. Posting here and getting real, honest “therapy” has saved me. Love this community!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good Morning all.

Went to bed sober. Woke up early before the kids. Made an omelette and coffee. Enjoyed my quiet time and am now ready to start my day.

The days of sleeing until noon are hopefully gone and I’m thankful I didn’t cave in last night and drink.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Good Morning all.

Went to bed sober. Woke up early before the kids. Made an omelette and coffee. Enjoyed my quiet time and am now ready to start my day.

The days of sleeing until noon are hopefully gone and I’m thankful I didn’t cave in last night and drink.

Me too!

Well done!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 01-27-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks for this thread. It has shown me that cravings can be overcome.