SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   first drink in 3 months (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435804-first-drink-3-months.html)

Meatball2 01-26-2019 01:42 AM

first drink in 3 months

my mom is dying.

the last time i drank is when I signed up here.

tonight... I have had a couple..

I have lost my rock, forever.

I lost one parent already... losing my mom completely
?

Doris47 01-26-2019 01:52 AM

My heart goes out to you, I wish you love and strength through this awful time.🙏

JustTony 01-26-2019 02:56 AM

I hope for a miracle for you and your mother.

Terrible time.

Culture 01-26-2019 03:43 AM

So sorry for you Meatball, I too will pray for a miracle for you.

ReadyAtLast 01-26-2019 03:44 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. There is nothing that drinking will make better though. I've lost a family member this week and I know that drinking won't help -just make me unable to carry out my duties and grieve properly. I wish you well.

ulfr 01-26-2019 03:50 AM

Am so sorry meatball i lost my dad 9 years ago didnt drink on it but i understand your pain if you ever need to talk am here
i lost my mother in a different way she an alike and very toxic she no longer in my life
we are here am so sorry your in pain right now please try not to drink over this

Delilah1 01-26-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meatball2 (Post 7108311)
my mom is dying.

the last time i drank is when I signed up here.

tonight... I have had a couple..

I have lost my rock, forever.

I lost one parent already... losing my mom completely
?

Hi Meatball,

I know exactly how difficult this is. My mom died one month ago today, and I lost my dad almost nine years ago. I am still grieving, and saying goodbye to her was the most difficult thing I've ever done.

I am three years sober, and I stayed sober through her wake, funeral, and every day since. I have cried, I've felt numb, I've been sad, but I've also been sober.

Allow yourself to feel every emotion you are having. If you have the opportunity spend time with your mom, tell her everything you want her to know. Stay sober for you and for her.

I am not going to tell you this is easy, but I will share you can get through it sober.

Start by getting rid of whatever alcohol you have. Lean on friends and family, be there for your mom, cry, scream, be sad, spend time here, we will be here for you.

Sending so much love.

❤️Delilah

DarklingSong 01-26-2019 11:33 AM

Support to you.

Anna 01-26-2019 11:38 AM

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother.

aasharon90 01-26-2019 11:54 AM

Emotional and recovery support available
with us here in SR each and every day so
that you never have to be alone during this
difficult time in your life.

Hold on to your lifeline here and don't
drink.

Tonymblue 01-26-2019 11:56 AM

So sorry for you. Hang in there.

Soberwolf 01-26-2019 12:57 PM

:grouphug:

courage2 01-26-2019 01:05 PM

If you quit now, you'll be glad some day that you were sober during your mom's last days.

This doesn't have to be the start of a long climb up out of return to drinking.

Midwest1981 01-26-2019 04:03 PM

I am sorry Meatball. It is so hard to lose a parent. Stay close to SR when you have time.