Notices

Weekender Thread 25 -28th January 2018

Old 01-26-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Happy Saturday SR, I’m spending my weekend resting up and going to the grocery to buy only super healthy food. I’m going to throw myself 100% into my sobriety and Monday start contacting job offers personally. It’s rough because I’m only three days from my last bender but that’s my last three days. The fiancé is mad at me, feels like the only ones who love me right now are my pets. But I will get better soon. I know mariposa on February 26th is going to be a lot better than January 26th. Going to delete the numbers of any negative contacts in my phone also. Thanks for listening SR
Great job Mariposa starting right where you are
Old 01-26-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I remember that red bedroom with the black and beige striped chair and the gold-leaf painted swooshes and flowers and the big pile of pillows. One of the past members on this site was trying to tell you (unsolicited) how you could improve your interior decorating.

...I thought it was a stunning room. Can't wait for the update pics. There will be update pics?

In for the night, it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. All's well; no drinking, quiet neighbors (always.)

Mariposa, I hope you make it stick this time. A new marriage, new sober life.

Midnight, You'll make the job happen when you need to make it happen and not one minute sooner, I reckon.

Vman, where are you ???
Old 01-26-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders!
Well I survived Aussie Day unscathed, except for the icecream and biscuits, (what the Americans call cookies I guess).
I’m happy to wake up without a hangover, unlike most of my friends and neighbours.
It’s 11.30am Sunday and I’ve been quite productive this morning. Clean sheets on the bed, fresh towels in the bathroom, two loads of washing done, floor swept, chickens fed and watered and fresh hay in their laying box. Cat fed, watered and patted. And patted some more. And more lol .
And tidied up my office and re-wrote my to-do lists to get my work life in order....
I crossed a few things off, but mostly re-wrote everything lol. At least I’m thinking about getting work, even if it’s not moving along all that quickly...

How’s that CV coming along MB????

So I still have all of the rest of today and all of tomorrow and the weather is wet and windy so a good excuse to relax with a good book

Have a lovely Sunday weekenders. If you’re tempted to drink, don’t. It’s just not worth it tomorrow. Because when tomorrow comes you’ll regret it. You won’t regret waking up sober and without a hangover
Old 01-26-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Great post Willow, it was like Edu-Tainment. Education + Entertainment lol. I patted my cat today as well!
Old 01-26-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

What's up weekend warriors. Winding down another Saturday evening, totally sober and happy about it.

Glad to be here.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:24 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Lol thanks Livelikegold
The cat thinks patting the cat is the most important thing I’ve achieved today.
Actually on second thought, the second most important thing. Feeding the cat was the most important thing. He loves his food...

Hi WaterOx
Old 01-26-2019, 09:39 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Morning (or afternoon/evening) everyone!

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Great post Willow, it was like Edu-Tainment. Education + Entertainment lol. I patted my cat today as well!
Willow, I agree with LLG6, and for me it is interesting to know that you keep chickens as well. Not something I would have just guessed!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Howdy Captain
Yes I have 3 chickens they’re very cute they don’t actually lay many eggs lately, but enough to have eggs for breakfast every few days, or a couple for a cake. They love scratching around the garden and they’re quite entertaining to watch. They come running when I call them lol (only because they know I am the bearer of tasty kitchen scraps)
Old 01-26-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Here they are the one in front is the boss chicken (she’s a bit blurry cos she moved her head), the other two follow her around and do what they’re told. Hopefully she tells them to lay some more eggs soon, they’ve been freeloading a bit lately

I just took this picture. They’re actually in their pen, where they go overnight. The gate is open so they can scratch around the whole yard, but it’s raining today and I don’t think they like the rain much so they went back in their pen. They put themselves to bed at dusk on their perches (horizontal tree braches nailed in their shed) so I just close the gate at night (for safety in case of any roaming dogs, although the whole yard is fully fenced, but at night time I like the extra security to keep them safe) and let them out the next day.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcone to Weekenders Mariposa, glad you join us.

Morning everyone, cold and wet in London.

What beautiful chickens Willow, I love their colour..

bim, i'll post pics when its done, I need to make my mind up about a few things first. Hope you're well VMan. petals, I hope you're OK too, do post when you get a chance.

Another decision to make is where to have breakfast. That is one decision I enjoy making.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

Bim - "You'll find the job when you need to find it and not a minute sooner" - that's precious words of wisdom. Thank you.

Willow -Great job staying sober through the Aussie day. I procrastinated yesterday about CV and feel awfully guilty.

I took a cold shower today. I woke up feeling sluggish, depressed, and unmotivated with the same "what's the point" feeling. Then I decided I need to do something to get myself together, at least to make the tiniest step in this direction.

I lasted only 10 seconds under freezing water, but it's a start. It didn't change my life immediately, of course.

Maybe, more coffee to the trick?

And, my commitment to job-hunting actions still stands.

See you later)
Old 01-26-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Love the pic of your chickens Willow. I would love to have some but my two Jack Russell's would make any chicken lives EXTREMELY stressful.

Just had my breakfast, honey on toast and a mug of tea. Yum.

Wet n windy - that's weather not me, so not sure what to do today.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Walk on

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Morning, weekenders.

Bim - "You'll find the job when you need to find it and not a minute sooner" - that's precious words of wisdom. Thank you.

Willow -Great job staying sober through the Aussie day. I procrastinated yesterday about CV and feel awfully guilty.

I took a cold shower today. I woke up feeling sluggish, depressed, and unmotivated with the same "what's the point" feeling. Then I decided I need to do something to get myself together, at least to make the tiniest step in this direction.

I lasted only 10 seconds under freezing water, but it's a start. It didn't change my life immediately, of course.

Maybe, more coffee to the trick?

And, my commitment to job-hunting actions still stands.

See you later)
Maybe a rest day is in order? It can't be work all the time. Treat yourself to a meal out or a movie; you gotta enjoy life still When I really don't feel like the gym or sport then I don't go; I learned over the years to listen to myself otherwise my free time still feels like I am at work.

Hope everybody is doing well. I am currently at work in hull; feeling great and in control. Yesterday was a good day and I learned a lot about my state of mind and issues; notably that although I need to keep busy all the time there is only so many days one can exercise in a row before needing to do something else. I've found other ways to occupy my time also now; everythings great.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you. Taooo.

I think you are right.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Rainy Sunday morning here; gotta get groceries at some point....but for now, coffee and a cute puppy

Old 01-27-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

7:30 am in New York state. Basically, just a Sunday to get ready for the coming week of teaching, etc.

Feeling good and grounded.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

It's the early morning, my favorite time of the day, when I feel most calm. I'm rested, nothing is standing in my way, and today I am free to do whatever comes to mind that is going to keep me closest to that state. Now I just have to decide what for Sunday will be my way to finish the weekend.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all, nearly 7am this Sunday morning.

I was a bit lost at class yesterday as most of the folks are all regulars and really good. I have lot's of practice before for next class, that should keep me out of trouble.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
sober style

Willow, in honor of your chickens here's the classic Ozark Mountain Daredevils song Chicken Train. One of their signature tunes, although Jackie Blue is considered their big 70s hit. They're from my hometown of Springfield, Missouri. Still play locally there now and then, the surviving members anyway.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Willow, in honor of your chickens here's the classic Ozark Mountain Daredevils song Chicken Train. One of their signature tunes, although Jackie Blue is considered their big 70s hit. They're from my hometown of Springfield, Missouri. Still play locally there now and then, the surviving members anyway.

I love the Daredevils. The music world can be a follow the leader situation, but the Daredevils absolutely did things their way.....very unique tunes.

So far, so good this weekend. I attended a sober type event Friday night and went to a meeting last night.