Notices

Weekender Thread 25 -28th January 2018

Old 01-26-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ahhh, the pre-dawn is upon me, and I wish I could expect Willow's idea of a coffee van to come around to drop off an especially good cup for me.

I was noting the comments about boredom earlier in the thread, and at times I find myself wondering what to do. If I can slip in one or two small productive pursuits into my days off, aside from what is absolutely needed, I feel that's all I need to keep myself on track, small accomplishments. I've already taken care of one of those things for myself today, so I can treat myself to a nap or watching a move later. I don't have to move the world, but I try to get off my rear the best I can.

For those already well into their day, I hope it has been brightened by something in your path, and for those of us just thinking about the hours ahead, let's enjoy what we the world offers us.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

My son was a barista for a well known north american coffee chain with odd names for cup sizes. He got trained but the job didn't last too long. Once the shop closed, he was expected to cleanup and prep for the next day without pay. I imagine the machines don't get cleaned too throughly if one's not getting paid for it. I also guess that other beverage chains may use the same practice.

When our kids were small, I remember one of the mantras was to teach your kids to be board. My son has no problem filling his time but my daughter is often complaining "I'm board". Unless of course we suggest dusting , vacuuming , shoveling snow....
Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
My son was a barista for a well known north american coffee chain with odd names for cup sizes.
Dragon, I don’t know you well enough to say for sure you wouldn’t take this the wrong way but man, I admire the effort you took not to disclose the name of that coffee chain.

Regards,
CaptainHaddock

Alas, despite a valiant continued fight back, Petra Kvitova came second to Naomi Osaka. Congratulations to both of them!
Old 01-26-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Dragon, I don’t know you well enough to say for sure you wouldn’t take this the wrong way but man, I admire the effort you took not to disclose the name of that coffee chain.
No idea what you are talking about, gentlemen. I wonder does this chain has something to do with a celestial object in its name and a mythical marine creature on its logo.)
Old 01-26-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

MB, apologies my mistake, I should have put it better. What I meant to convey by making the post was that I often find humor hidden in the effort that is sometimes taken to describe a well-known entity whilst avoiding calling it by name.

Then again, I could simply have misunderstood your post. On the other hand, perhaps I’m just confusing the heck out of everyone.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It's a lot harder for the attorneys of said coffee place to search for slander/libel if the name is never actually stated...so there is that!

Sober Saturday morning. Regardless of the stuff going on with me right now, I'm always grateful for a sober morning. I had a thought this week that maybe I'd go to the doctor for a short-term course of Xanax - and then I remembered that Xanax was a big part of starting up my second drinking career after many years sober. So - shut up AV.

Good nutrition, EXERCISE and prayer/setting intentions/mindfulness will do the trick. Sometimes one hour, one minute at a time.

I'm fine, BTW. Just a huge construction project and some other annoyances have put me off my peaceful existence.

This too shall pass.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
MB, apologies my mistake, I should have put it better. What I meant to convey by making the post was that I often find humor hidden in the effort that is sometimes taken to describe a well-known entity whilst avoiding calling it by name.

Then again, I could simply have misunderstood your post. On the other hand, perhaps I’m just confusing the heck out of everyone.
No worries, Captain. I think I got your message quite right)

Hi, Bim.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello, lovely.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

A very good Saturday to all.

Will try to catch up later.

Love and hugs for all.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Kaily.

Good to see you again carpetcleaner.

I am decorating my bedroom at Saoutchik Towers, going from red to a more grown up green. Actually it's not so much red as RED!

Time for some Terry Callier. He should have been much more widely known
https://youtu.be/y1SIlpjUFZc
Old 01-26-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Oh, no, Sao. I remember some time ago you posted a pic of your bedroom, it was spectacular.

Ok, friends.

I totally failed myself and your trust. I didn't take a single action towards job-hunting, not even an inch.

My excuse: I feel depressed and I don't care. I keep asking myself "What's the point? I don't believe I will feel happy ever again, so what difference does it make how to suffer?".

I will put up better plan tomorrow. I need to find a way out of this situation.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Welp, there are some funny collections on line of mis-heard Customer names scribbled on Coffee Cups. However, a fraction of them are too rude for this proper Venue, so I'll have to skip the posting of such hilarity. Somewhere, I have a Pic of my very own misspelled Coffee Cup, cuz it definitely was a keeper. I stood around waiting for my Order for way too long cuz the Customer name being called out was Female.

Back In The Day, clever Wordsmithing in Songwriting was a standard practice. As in this example covered by Frank Sinatra...

'You date a Girl and find out later
She smells just like a Percolator'...

~ The Coffee Song ~ Frank Sinatra ~
Old 01-26-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes.

Happy painting Saoutchik, rather you than me. I painted my bedroom white so that I didn't need to do any cutting in. I guess you could paint the ceiling green as well.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Here’s a welcome from me too, Kaily.

I followed the early part of the thread that led to your current sobriety. Well done on your 80+ days.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks CaptainHaddock, yes it's been a bit of a journey as they say.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Just has 3 slices of oreo crusted, sweet expresso topped coffe icecream cake. Its so good I'm not sure what to do with my self.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Old 01-26-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you're feeling down MidnightBlue but try not to be too hard on yourself, no one really enjoys doing resumés/CV's and job searching generally. You will probably do a much better job of it when you are in the right mood.

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Oh, no, Sao. I remember some time ago you posted a pic of your bedroom, it was spectacular.
Oh that was taken by a lettings agency way back in early 2012 prior to me letting my flat out for the summer Olympic Games. It has never looked as smart as that before or since. If we had the games in London every year I wouldn't have to work for a living, hey ho.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday SR, I’m spending my weekend resting up and going to the grocery to buy only super healthy food. I’m going to throw myself 100% into my sobriety and Monday start contacting job offers personally. It’s rough because I’m only three days from my last bender but that’s my last three days. The fiancé is mad at me, feels like the only ones who love me right now are my pets. But I will get better soon. I know mariposa on February 26th is going to be a lot better than January 26th. Going to delete the numbers of any negative contacts in my phone also. Thanks for listening SR
Old 01-26-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I'm in for a sober weekend, cheers and good vibes to all!