Notices

A little nervous

Old 01-23-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little nervous

I am really nervous about being here. I realize that I have a serious problem and feel empty and helpless. My husband was taunting me the other night (we were both drinking) and I went off on him physically. I know this is horrible and I don't know what to do. We have children and I feel like a terrible mother. Every time it seems like we can get to a "moderate" use it is never like that. I know this sounds horrific and I don't need posts saying that I am nuts or whatever. I need to move past this and get healthy. It doesn't help he was calling me a who*re about 20 times that whole weekend. Please advise, thanks.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. Alcohol and drama go hand in hand. My life is so much more serene now that I am sober. Yours can be too. Lean on us for support 😊
Old 01-23-2019, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know me and my husband have had serious drama over the past 5 years. We actually argue about alcohol. Sometimes I think if I just stop altogether then maybe he will lesson his drinking habits too. He tells me that he just doesn't know where to draw the line and that I am a hypocrite because I say I hate alcohol but drink anyways I get to where I am hating the weekends
Old 01-23-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome hellok, alcohol is the root of most problems.
Things are allowed to escalate into chaos.
Get off the rollercoaster and hop aboard the swan boats.
Try not to dwell on what has happened and focus on where you’re headed.
Things are so much easier to deal with sober.
Good luck
Old 01-23-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I was nervous too when I first came here.
I've had my share of drama with drinking. I once actually grabbed my girlfriend and, well, that didn't go over real well.
I can understand your problem, I think.
My only advice would be to quit drinking. But I understand how hard this would be if your husband doesn't. Don't know.

You can come here for support. Maybe go to an AA meeting. Perhaps your husband would go, too.
I wish you the best.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was extremely nervous when I first posted here, but this forum is the only tool I've used since deciding to give up alcohol in July and I'm now coming up to 6 months sober this week.
You'll find an abundance of support here, but you may need additional plans in place such as AA ect as this kind of addiction can't always be fought alone.
In regards to your husband, it sounds like he has a problem too, but only he will be able to decide whether he wants to address it or not. My husband is a drinker, but not a heavy one and even less so since I gave up, so maybe yours will reduce his intake if you quit. That does however depend on whether he actually has a problem or not.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, hellok. I'm glad you posted about what's been going on. We're a friendly group, & we understand what you're going through. This is a great place for encouragement.

When I finally quit, my life had been torn apart by years of trying to control my drinking. What had once been fun was now ruling my world. When it was in my system, I never knew where it would take me. Arguments & irrational behavior always happened in the end. The only way to stay safe was to stop all together. I hope you keep reading & posting.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi hellok and welcome

I was very nervous the first time I posted too and lurked around for a few weeks before I even did that. I'm glad you are here, the good news is that things get a lot better (and less dramatic) once you give up the booze.

Hope to see you around
Old 01-24-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well the weekend is looming and that is usually drinking/seemingly relaxing time from the work week. I get my first check from a new job tomorrow and I am terrified. I quit while preggo just to pick it back up and after last weekends debacle I really want a peaceful weekend. I want to do something different..no arguing no verbal or physical attacks just me and the fam hanging out. That kind of thing that happened last weekend hadn't occurred in over a year and it really scares me..how do u stay sober? I constantly think about drinking what if I could do it in moderation just drink light beers count drinks it enslaves me it really sucks! We have proven as a couple there is no moderation it is just party time when kids go to bed which usually doesnt turn into the all out fight like last week but it did! So there is a prob here on the weekends when were not sleeping were drinking at night making it hard to get up in the morning...im fine during the week what is the pressure we put on ourselves about having to drink??
Old 01-24-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

All my moderating attempts led to the same old behavior every time. I wanted so much to be able to just have 'a few', enjoy the relaxed feeling - but I always ended up drunk & stupid. I wasted so many years. I'm glad you can admit you've proven as a couple there is no moderation. When you first quit you'll feel a little disoriented - allow yourself time to adjust to a new way of living - things get so much better. No more regrets or guilt.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you are like most alcoholics, as bad as things are, they WILL get worse. But it all comes to an end if you can quit. Said many times here...simple, but not easy. Wish you the best.