SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New member (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435737-new-member.html)

T1Kava 01-23-2019 04:32 AM

Hi I am going on 32 hours no drink using Ativan prescribed by doctor to help with withdrawal. I am hoping that I’m ok to go to work by Friday. I’ve also been prescribed Camparal for cravings. Has anyone had any success with this way of detoxing? I will wait to take Camparall once my 7 day detox with Ativan is over. Right now I just feel numb!
Thank you!
Tina

biminiblue 01-23-2019 05:00 AM

I don't have experience with those drugs, but I wanted to welcome you and say congrats for deciding to take your life back. You won't regret it. :)

JustTony 01-23-2019 05:01 AM

No experience with those drugs either but I also wanted to welcome you to SR.

ramius 01-23-2019 05:26 AM

Keep it up. Great f'ing job!

SnoozyQ 01-23-2019 05:36 AM

Keep up the good work Kava,

This is the beginning of your new freedom from the chains of alcohol and hangovers.

You will get lots of suppport here :-)

CupofJoe 01-23-2019 06:26 AM

No experience with those, but I wanted to welcome you!

I was once put on some kind of medicine to avoid going into seizures and it removed the desire to drink, which was great. As soon as I was off medication, though, I was unprepared for dealing with life without alcohol and went straight back to drinking. Not saying that will happen to you, but wanted to share my experience. I definitely needed help in learning how to live without alcohol.

I wish you all the best! :)

Ghostlight1 01-23-2019 06:32 AM

Hello and welcome!
I'm glad you found us, you'll find a lot of support here.
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with those medications, but I hope they work for you.
Best to you and please stick around

apollo986 01-23-2019 10:13 AM

I'm just over 9 month sober from alcohol and 10 months clean of Benzos. C/T from both. Be very careful with the Ativan. Benzo withdrawl and recovery is a living hell. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

least 01-23-2019 05:25 PM

Welcome to the family. :) If you only take the Ativan for a short time, you should have no problems. The Campral is meant to reduce cravings. I don't know if it works or not, but it's worth a try. :)

Dee74 01-23-2019 09:53 PM

Welcome to SR T1Kava :)

D

listae 01-24-2019 06:42 PM

Welcome T1Kava. I only have 24 days and have had to take in one day at a time. I know it sounds cliche but it's the only way I managed. I logged in to SR for several hours a day for the first three weeks. If you reach out and share, you will find a lot of support. Sometimes just reading about tools others use to stay sober also gets me through the day. You're not alone. We all understand about withdrawal, loss, and cravings.