Notices

I’ve come back

Old 02-01-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I heard this song the other day,stew and it reminded me where I was at when I was 'lost' in my addiction. I had to stop fighting it and accept the reality of my situation(s) and get any and all help possible to get me out of the nightmare. No excuses..No reasons why I couldn't..Just action and commitment..if not, It did not matter if I had a job,how I treated others(including my daughter) or even continued living with the drinking 'life' I truly hated..I would lose it ALL eventually anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dOB...jwWxSQ&index=4
Old 02-01-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

There used to be a member here called TDG I won't post his username but he was a friend who like you struggled to stay sober similar circumstances and problems

I thought about him the other day in fact Idk what happened to him in the end but I do know rehab would of saved his ass

Don't get your back up about it it's there to help when we can't help ourselves bro

Stewy you carry on like this you will lose everything including your life don't think dark **** won't continue to happen it will and I hate it seeing people just erased by alcohol young lives lost all the time liver failure home problems your family.. These are just some thoughts that I know are running through your head unguarded - you need tools to cope and stewy I know you I love you but you are not coping bro not by a long shot

Pls sort some rehab out and no 1 month rehab Stew were talking proper rehab bro 6 months at least
Old 02-01-2019, 10:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Also,stewie.. This is my DUI thread(2yrs after joining this site knowing I had a problem) https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-out-jail.html (Just got out of jail) If you feel like it, read through it and notice how my posts 'changed' from excuse(s) for my continued drinking during it and towards acceptance of my true reality. Notice how I blamed my gf(now ex) and other things for it..the 'reasons' I gave.. it's very twisted when I read through my old stuff on here.. I can see the drinking me posting and the real me posting plain as day,as I'm sure most can notice. Scary stuff BUT neccesary stuff,mate! I like to look back every few months to remind myself of who I am AND who I was. Keeps me in check.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Carl & Delilah - very helpful thoughts.

Stewy - We are all united in wanting to see you get free and heal.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Stewy?
Old 02-02-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Stewy

I havent post very often in this section of late. Anyway, I did a bit of stalking and noted that you have been on this website for quite a few years. Some of the posters here have been supporting you for a very long time. Incredible patience and fortitude shown by them.

However, I am not here to guilt trip you.

I was in a similar position as yourself. At the start of my journey, I was terrified of AA, rehab, outpatient treatment, etc. The stigma associated with being labelled an 'alcoholic' was emotionally crushing. I wouldnt acknowledge it. This went on for a few months even after my DUI. Then I was kicked out of my family house and living in my mother's basement. Even then, I was simply going through the motions, sleepwalking through work, life, etc.

However, when I was alone, nursing a vodka bottle, in my mother's basement, I knew in my heart, that I had to do something. It wasn't the outside voices (wife, mother, brother, children, etc) but a voice inside me that said "let go, just do it, take that step...." It takes gritted teeth and courage to overcome the first hurdle.

Or at least I thought it did.

Actually, when you do make that first step, you realise that it wasnt so painful. It is all in your head. Going to AA and simply observing other alcoholics share their story. How I admired their courage ! Then the Chair turns to you and asks you to share. It starts off awkwardly but this huge load lifts from your shoulders. And everyone around you is nodding and supporting you. Reading SR and then taking up the advice to create a plan. Getting that sheet of paper and scribbling down your plan to become sober. It doesnt have to be 100% accurate or prescriptive. And it doesnt mean that the plan is cast in stone. It's a plan for now.

All I wish to say is take that one step. Its not so painful. Everyone at SR has their hands outstretched to catch you if you trip. And if you do, its ok. Get up and try again. No one is judging you here.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks to all the brilliant responses. It’s a goodbye from me. Unfortunately for whatever reason I can’t get past what’s happened here over time. That’s my issue, no one else’s. Best wishes everyone and please can my account be cancelled. Thanks for all the support I’ve received over the years, it was appreciated
Old 02-05-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will close your account Stewy.