Notices

Weekender Thread 18-21 January 2019

Old 01-21-2019, 02:29 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I didn’t see the eclipse but I did see the amazing big moon rising over the ocean, just beautiful.
Tuesday morning here and time to start organising a return to the workforce after a few months off....
But coffee first
Old 01-21-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

From the Tarantino Film Django Unchained, this moving Song speaks to Social Justice, as well as to our personal Journeys to be free...

~ Freedom ~ Anthony Hamilton ~
Old 01-21-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sober long weekend. I was actually able to get up early and keep a morning commitment with a friend where there was no possibility of drinking. I also woke up at 5 AM and looked out the window to see the most beautiful, full moon. I thought of the thread and Kenton's post. If I had fallen asleep drunk/passed out (the two are usually mixed even when we think is just sleeping) I would never have felt the moonlight. The little pleasures of sobriety. Yeah for sober weekends!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Early start here for me. (04:00)
I hope you all have a great day.
It's Celebration Of Life Day.
Later
Old 01-21-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
hahaha. The ring-tailed lemurs at the zoo totally do this. Sun Salutations!

Lol,I love that one! It's so leamur....
Old 01-21-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Vman, just my silly thought for the day - even though you did so an hour later, we got up at exactly the same time this morning. I think Einstein called it his relativity theory.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

6:43am, no swimming today as had a bad nights sleep worrying and stressing about work. Returned yesterday after 3 days off and nothing had changed, the manager we thought was going to be moved elsewhere who is causing us lots of problems is still there and doing all the same stuff. I have a meeting with the big boss today where I have to be professional but honest and it’s really stressing me out as I don’t want to have to be in this position. Heart is beating fast, feel sick but I have to be strong and just breath and get through it!

Hope everyone I had a lovely day xx
Old 01-21-2019, 11:05 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I made it all! Looking forward to meetings next weekend. After sleep this weekend, I set my mind to finally starting a creative endeavor I've been dreaming of for YEARS. Starting a youtube channel! I filmed, edited, and uploaded my first video and I'm feeling mighty proud. No drink for me thanks! Night all.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:07 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

*Hugs* Manta. I don't like those uncomfy situations myself, but you will get through it! Hopefully that bugger of a manager gets lost soon!
Old 01-21-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

LOLL STdragon!
Old 01-21-2019, 11:12 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Fingers crossed MantaLady, good luck.

Tuesday is recycling/rubbish collection day at Saoutchik Towers. It always amazes me how much "stuff" other people get through in the course of a week.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hang in there Manta, you'll be fine. just do what you can do & detach from what you can't control. (easier said than done, I know)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Walk on

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
6:43am, no swimming today as had a bad nights sleep worrying and stressing about work. Returned yesterday after 3 days off and nothing had changed, the manager we thought was going to be moved elsewhere who is causing us lots of problems is still there and doing all the same stuff. I have a meeting with the big boss today where I have to be professional but honest and it’s really stressing me out as I don’t want to have to be in this position. Heart is beating fast, feel sick but I have to be strong and just breath and get through it!

Hope everyone I had a lovely day xx
It's awful working under somebody terrible. I've been there and it made me feel so low. The worst part is the helplessness you feel because even though they might be an absolutely terrible person to everybody; they are safe as long as they do everything correctly and are sneaky.

I hope you sort it.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Administrator

sending you best wishes MantaLady.

D
Old 01-22-2019, 03:43 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hugs Manta, the sun will rise again tomorrow,
Old 01-22-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Would you be OK with sharing a link to your video LiveLikeGold6? (No worries if you don't we understand).
Old 01-22-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Recycling & waste is Thursdays for me. The city switched to automated collection bins a few years back. Tho they are big enough for several bodies each, there was quite a fuss raised by people complaining they were not big enough. The city offered a larger sized bin with a raised fee to match. Some people fell for it. Others were smart and simply put their excess in a neighbours bin.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

^^^^ Dragon, - too funny.

Sao, I have had the same thoughts on recycling day. Some homes with overflowing and numerous bins only had two occupants. I wondered **
“How in the world did they do that”? It seemed almost impossible for two people to go through so much stuff in a week! Definitely one of life’s mysteries!

((MantaLady))); hope your meeting goes well today.

LiveLikeGold, best of luck on your new venture. It sounds like fun.

A very good Tuesday to all.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

VMan, your view of the eclipse (the pillow!) put a smile on my face this morning ... so funny!
Manta, let us know how your meeting goes. Don't worry, you've totally got this!
Nice sober weekend and holiday behind me. Feeling really good (although I know enough about myself to keep my guard up 'cause this can be the time the AV sneaks up on me!).
Happy Tuesday, everyone.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Meeting didn’t give me the opportunity to get anything off my chest. The boss lady pretty much told me she and the other boss were disappointed I had let them down and made them look unprofessional and when I tried to explain why certain situations arose she shot me down and said “let’s not talk about what annoyed you let’s concentrate on solutions” . I get that and do agree but to be told you’re crap and then not allowed you to defend yourself has just made me feel worse.

We had a meeting at the client office last week at 9:30, I got there at 9:20. Was told I was not dedicated and made them look bad as I should have been there much earlier to do some printing etc. I was told we didn’t need prints as we had big screens to use, couldn’t have got in the meeting room before 9:30 to set up as it was being used. Also as I was about to get on the boat on the river from my hotel they called me saying we had no meeting room so I had to go back to my hotel room, log on, get some contacts to call to try and arrange one, 30 minutes later they said emergency over by which time I had missed my boat hence getting there at 9:20.

I am so angry that I am sat in the gym in the basement in one of the single changing rooms with no gym equipment having a cry in private lol