Notices

Am I missing out ?

Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
Feeling like your missing out is an AV trick, you can do everything just the same without drinking alcohol.

However it takes a while for your brain to adjust for this and putting myself into things that stirred up these feelings led to me relapsing a few times. I had to put things on hold until I figured this part out.
Well said. We have to train our brains to realize we don't need alcohol or drugs to have a good time.

It's also important to remember if alcohol was so good to us we wouldn't be trying so hard to quit in the first place.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm on day 17 too and the thought that I can be a "social drinker" is creeping back. All I know is that I never had nor do I like to have one drink. Once I take a sip, I want to drink for the whole night and I don't care about the consequences because alcohol is a drug that is telling me that I'm acting fine. However, to everyone else it is obvious that I'm either getting louder or doing something is stupid because I'm drunk. Also, if I drink at a social gathering, then I'm going to start rationalizing. Then, what was supposed to be one drink will turn into months of drinking again. I can't risk that anymore. So, I'd rather miss out on the drinking.