Notices

Day 2- Youtube, tea and dog snuggles

Old 01-16-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2- Youtube, tea and dog snuggles

So Day 2 today.

My financial situation looks a shambles. No way of contacting DWP to inform them of the reason I didn't attend assessment. Spoke to advisor and can't get an appointment until Tuesday. I think the situation is looking bad. I just said to advisor, if can't get that sorted just need to plan ahead to avoid being homeless and if I can't do that then, plan ahead to prepare for if I do become homeless.

Apart from that I feel better than yesterday and youtube and sober recovery is my distraction what will be will be, minus alcohol.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Tea and cat snuggles are the order of the day for me and what a great way to spend the day haha!

I feel for you re the missing signing on, been a lot of years since I was in that position but it ain't fun and depending on wether you get an angry and bitter jobs-worth (I had to deal with a lot of those types at the job centre) can depend on how they deal with the situation. Like you say, what will be will be and tomorrow is tomorrow, keep in the present and the today as that is all we are guaranteed to have.

What are you watching on youtube? Found anything exciting? x
Old 01-16-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Manta, this was for the incapacity benefit aspect of universal credit. Not quite sure what it comes under now. See what happens I guess.

Well I made it to the shop, thankfully. I was dreading going in but managed it.

I come across all sorts on youtube. One video leads to another haha. I was watching some of the no confidence vote coverage earlier. Any suggestions?
Old 01-16-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dont they have an online contact LW?

D
Old 01-16-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nope Dee :/ it isn't looking great! I have an appointment with an advisor on Tuesday, but jeez, by then I'll not even be on the system lol
Old 01-16-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope that you will be able to get your finances sorted, Lonewolf, at least you do have that appointment that is in your records. In the meantime, keep up the good videos on YouTube and snuggling with your dog, it's a good thing to do.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Guener my head is a bit clearer this morning so I'm going to sit with a cup of tea and figure out what else I can do about it.
I completely forgot the organisation I rent the property from, they help have support networks. So I've emailed them last night! See what comes of that! But today I really need to find a way of ringing about benefits so that my payments aren't stopped.

Yep I think the dog deserves a better walk today and probably a medal for putting up with me. I don't think any human could haha!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sober style

Dog snuggling is way better than dog smuggling, at least in my experience. Lonewolf, you're on the right track with this sober thing. Stick with it and I'll bet both you and your canine friend will be going places, great places!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Do you have a mobile Lonewolf? These are freephone (even from a mobile) which might help and you won't need credit on your phone.

Universal Credit live service: 0800 328 9344
(this replaces 0345 600 0723)
Universal Credit full service: 0800 328 5644
(this replaces 0345 600 4272)
Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't manta lady unfortunately :/ I am going to see if there is anything in my area where I could use a phone
Old 01-17-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 View Post
I don't manta lady unfortunately :/ I am going to see if there is anything in my area where I could use a phone
There's also using your laptop/tablet for phone calls..
Old 01-17-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Can you?
Old 01-17-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 View Post
Can you?
I know in the US you can.. I have a "google voice" number I use for a business that doesn't get a lot of phone calls.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

It's not that easy in the UK to use your PC to call a landline number DontRemember. Most of them are app's which you need a phone for and any of the programs I have found for the PC require a payment of some kind and a minute charge for calling landlines. It's not even like you can find a phonebox on the street anymore as pretty much all of them have been taken away. The nearest phonebox to my house is 23 miles away!!

Someone else might know something I don't so if they do please post and let us know but from my research I couldn't find anything that didn't cost money. x
Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Phone box? There is one just about 200 yards from where I live!! Not sure if it would be in service though? :/ but definitely worth me trying tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Bingo Lonewolf!! Make yourself a big mug of tea to take with you, get wrapped up warm and get yourself down there in the morning! If you use those numbers I gave you earlier on you won't have to pay for the call. Fingers and toes crossed for you xx