Notices

About go out and buy one bottle

Old 01-14-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

But I tried and failed the exam. I said I would look into it again. Right now I am concentrating on getting through withdrawals.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You are doing "withdrawals" every week now for a long time. Aren't you tired?
Old 01-14-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
But I tried and failed the exam. I said I would look into it again. Right now I am concentrating on getting through withdrawals.
that's setting yourself up to drink again..the "but...but..but.. excuse" I call my friends out on,when they say that. Look at it like; "BUT..what I can I do to make it happen." ..and the answer to that is; hard work. That goes for 'anything', within one's own control, to better themselves. You're gonna have to get off the self-imposed 'pity train' if you want to better your life. The repeated withdraw's stop when YOU stop pouring a damned drink down YOUR throat if the wind blows the wrong direction. Own YOUR stuff,dear.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
that's setting yourself up to drink again..the "but...but..but.. excuse" I call my friends out on,when they say that. Look at it like; "BUT..what I can I do to make it happen." ..and the answer to that is; hard work. That goes for 'anything', within one's own control, to better themselves. You're gonna have to get off the self-imposed 'pity train' if you want to better your life. The repeated withdraw's stop when YOU stop pouring a damned drink down YOUR throat if the wind blows the wrong direction. Own YOUR stuff,dear.
I think you are rude . Please leave me alone.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I think you are all just jealous that Australia has a good welfare system.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi SC

Well I'm 54 so I sure hope that's not too old to work! But I do totally understand needing to focus on detox. And I don't know about you but when I was drinking a lot, going on benders, detoxing, retoxing, detoxing, retoxing it was tearing my poor brain apart. My cognitive skills were crapola. So yeah, getting detoxed and hopefully staying there for a while so you can at least see/feel some of the benefits of staying sober is the first step. Right now you're just continuing to beat the he!! out of yourself and that is a very dismal place to be. Been there for sure.

I watched this documentary on Amazon Prime the other night: My name Was Bette. It was brutal to say the least. It goes into great detail the devastating effects that alcohol has specifically on the female body. We are ripped apart far worse and far faster than men. If you have access to it, watch it. Not that I'm trying to scare the daylights out of you, but I dunno. Helps me to remember that I'm simply and truly killing myself when I drink. And the death is ugly and painful and truly bleak.

I will be thinking of you and hoping you are ready to get some help. Sell the car....go to rehab. Whatever it takes.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Frick for your support. I will look up that documentary.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thread closed by request OP.

Dee
SR