Notices

First AA Meeting

Old 11-17-2004, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

First AA Meeting

I went to my first AA meeting in about ten years last night! IT was great. I felt so comfortable there.

I know now that just not drinking doesn't help. Or seeing a therapist just doesn't help. Most of the time walking out of the therapist's office I wanted to drink!

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. It has truly helped so much!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ama

That is soooooo wonderful!

By gosh - I think hes got it!

Luvs Ama
Old 11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Connie

Yea Ex

Good for you. I need my meetings, even though at times I have to push myself, but once I'm there, I'm so glad. Any of the same people there as 10 years ago? Just curious.

Keep going back!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ama

Ceallaigh,

I am off now to my 4th in a row - and I neeeeeed it! So happy you got so much from it. Back to my local anchor group tonight which is a step meeting - dont know which step but I will be in a room with other people who have the same objective as me and that is what it is all about!

Only alcoholics can understand other alcoholics! The rooms are filled with them striding towards sober better wholesome lives! Think i will be not the 90 days but the 365 as I want sobriety so much - More each day! Wont let those dangerous doubts take hold every again!!!!!

Luvs Ama
Old 11-17-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Thanks Connie, actually in a different state but all the people there were so welcoming and friendly. I really don't understand why I didn't go sooner. I knew I was an alcoholic but I thought I could do it on my own. Foolish boy that I am...

((((Ama))))

Each day - One step further. Meetings Rule !!! You're like the best ever!!!

Ceallaigh of Innisfree
Old 11-17-2004, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ama

Ceallaigh of Innisfree!

What a liberating name indeed! Been to my 4th in a row - it was really really good. One man shared who really used to get on my wick! But I listened to him properly tonight and he had much to say and he is sober 20 years and very very content and happy - a head banger as we would say over here even.

You go find your next too please and let me know how you are getting on today!!!

Luvs Ama
Old 11-18-2004, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ama

Well!

How is today going for you. I am signing off shortly. I am off in 2 hours from writing of this and know that you are heading off on Saturday on your big journey. I hope it is just another part of your journey to recovery and the wonderful promises that await. The horizon is so bright for you and beakons. There will be so many of us wishing you well that you will not fail to feel the goodness of it.

Stay safe and stay on the path.....Luvs Ama