SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   two weeks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435488-two-weeks.html)

malcolmsloan 01-12-2019 12:19 PM

two weeks

No alcohol for two weeks. I wish I had the "pink cloud" feeling, but I don't. I've been through this too many times, and I'm just focused on the task at hand--this takes work. And, speaking of work, my job kicks back into full gear in a few weeks, and that will be another big transition, one I'm a bit nervous about as I have some new responsibilities approaching. But I will deal with them without numbing myself each evening. I just wish I felt more excited. This time around feels very workman-like: put your boots on and do it.

And by the way, while I have not been posting or commenting, I have been reading SR posts each night, and it helps make me feel like I'm not alone.

Thanks for reading.

Onward!

-Malcolm

Hemispheres 01-12-2019 01:11 PM

CREDIT CREDIT to ya
2 WEEKS:You_Rock_:c011:

You are NOT alone Malcolm

AND WELL DONE 2 WEEKS

least 01-12-2019 01:27 PM

Congrats on two weeks sober! :) The longer you stay sober, the better it gets. :)

FlawedNFntastic 01-12-2019 02:38 PM

I have never experienced the pink cloud. I've seen others dance on their own little pink clouds while getting sober, but I'm like you, this feels like there's a job to be done and I can do it! If you never hit the pink cloud phase, I think you might be lucky. Every moment of happiness we earn, we feel as it happens, without any distortions. So well done on your sober time, glad to have you with us, and have a lovely weekend!

Dee74 01-12-2019 03:55 PM

I didn't have the pink cloud either Malcolm - in a way that worked for me - everything felt real and my achievements, such as they were in the early days, felt earned :)

Congrats on 2 weeks :)

D

Anna 01-12-2019 04:09 PM

Malcolm, I never experienced a pink cloud either. I am actually glad because my mood improved slowly but surely. Sometimes it is about just putting on the boots and working, and that's okay. You're doing great.

Ghostlight1 01-12-2019 04:43 PM

Two weeks is great. Congratulations.
I experienced the pink cloud once on one of my many forays into sobriety.
But of course I drank again, and all the hundred or so times I quit no pink cloud.
.On my (hopefully) final quit ten years ago, there was no pink cloud. Just misery for weeks.

Good luck with your job. I hope things go smoothly.
Just put on your boots and do it, if that's how you're feeling.

Best to you.

PurpleKnight 01-12-2019 05:54 PM

Great job on 2 Weeks Malcolms . . . keep pushing through!! :scoregood

travelbug 01-12-2019 07:22 PM

Congrats my friend. Keep on keeping' on.

FeelingGreat 01-12-2019 09:06 PM

The fact that you're not experiencing the pink cloud this time around might be a signal that this is the real thing.

A lot of people get over-confident with a short period of sobriety and then the AV pounces and convinces them they don't have a problem after all.

MindfulMan 01-13-2019 12:07 AM

I had a huge cotton candy pink cloud the size of Mt. Everest. Fortunately I knew what it was and I've lived with mood swings all my life, so i was prepared for the crash into depression afterwards.

I'd committed to never drinking again by that point, so oddly enough cravings really didn't come up at that point.

HopefulYear777 01-13-2019 07:00 PM

Could someone explain to me what the pink cloud is?

least 01-13-2019 07:11 PM

It's a feeling of great happiness and contentment. Like everything is going just right. It may not last tho.