Notices

Eventful week 😳😳

Old 01-12-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eventful week 😳😳

Well it's been an eventful week, that's for sure. I think I told you I enrolled in college, to keep me busy an to get me outta the house. My first night was Tuesday,an I was really excited about going. The college is about 20 miles from my house. All was good until the way home, it was 8.30pm an the steering went on my car, I lost control,went up a grass verge,hit a tree an rolled ( told you I don't do anything by half 😜&#128541 the police came an breathalyzed me. All clear of any alcohol 🙌🙌🙌 ambulance then called, they thought I broke my nose (RUDE,it always looks like that) I was taken to hospital because of suspected fractured skull, had a head scan, (turns out I do have a brain) everything ok.
I'm only going to take the positive from this, I'm still here 🙌🙌🙌 it's re enforced my determination I can tell you, if that didn't take my life, I'm damed if booze or cocaine is going to.
Currently laying on the sofa, battered an bruised but alive an kicking.
Onwards an upwards, 🙏 x
Old 01-12-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yikes! That sounds very scary-glad you are ok! It sounds like you have a good perspective on life. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Holy crap, you bring eventful week to a whole new level!

I'm glad you're okay, well, going to be okay. That had to be scary. I like your attitude about it. Take that alcohol and drugs, you're a survivor! You're absolutely right.

The part about your nose made me giggle, only cause my nose is slightly crooked too lol.

Take care of yourself this weekend. If nothing else it's a great excuse to be on the couch all day

Sending you quick recovery thoughts!
Old 01-12-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GingerSnow View Post
Holy crap, you bring eventful week to a whole new level!

I'm glad you're okay, well, going to be okay. That had to be scary. I like your attitude about it. Take that alcohol and drugs, you're a survivor! You're absolutely right.

The part about your nose made me giggle, only cause my nose is slightly crooked too lol.

Take care of yourself this weekend. If nothing else it's a great excuse to be on the couch all day

Sending you quick recovery thoughts!
I think the way forward is a bicycle( oh an crash helmet 😝, ) least I can't jump in the car for booze eh 😝 like I say alive an kicking an ringing a bell for my son when I want something 😃
Old 01-12-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Yikes! That sounds very scary-glad you are ok! It sounds like you have a good perspective on life. Hope you feel better soon.
It was the scariest thing that's ever happened especially when I saw the tree coming towards me. I just shut my eyes an thought "this is it" the tree definitely won 😝. When I put my head through the drivers window, made me realize how hard my nut was 😃😃so nothing is gonna stop me from getting straight now. 🙏
Old 01-12-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

doris,

Glad you are alright. That is one heck of a story to be able to tell your or someone's grandkids.

If I can make it to my deathbed sober, I plan to utter the words I made it to the end sober. Forget you addiction. I got this.

My trauma yesterday is nothing compared to that, but it was trauma nonetheless and my sobriety gave me the power (somewhat weak power) to put on my big boy pants and stare confrontation in the face and kick it square in the jimmy.

I don't want to offer my issue, but I will say I see a whole new me after all this clean time and I love it love it love it.

Staying clean.

It is how God intended us to be.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok Doris - hope the weeks to come are less eventful but more fulfilling

D
Old 01-12-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is an eventful week . . . glad to hear you're alright . . . onwards and upwards Doris!!