Notices

Ten years later...

Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ten years later...

I managed 6 months sober a long time ago. There is n First time I've admitted othing special about my story--accomplished professional woman who retired early because my husband did, moved from home of 30 years, work in a nonprofit now. Just can't seem to find the wherewithall to stop or even cut down. My husband is a heavy drinker as well. I am 30 pounds overweight and he frequently mentions it. I really would like to be happier and healthier. I suspect that I drink to avoid thinking about my marriage. First time I have admitted that.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Kinsey. You have found a great forum for support, understanding and encouragement.

Very glad you found us.

As you read around the forum, you see various Classes. They are a great way to interact with others who are also just beginning their journey to sobriety.

Below is a link to the most recent Class:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html
Old 01-11-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Kinsey. You will find great support here at SR.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is very difficult to make any major decisions about life or marriage while in the midst of addiction. Hard to find clarity I think. Maybe gain some ground in sobriety and step back with a clear head and decide.
For me, getting sober caused my wife to also stop drinking. As it turns out, we really like each other, "sober".
Welcome to SR. Plenty of friends to make and knowledge to gain.

Oh, and I've also lost 15 lbs in 3 months by quitting.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you join us, Kinsey. You're never alone - there's always someone around to offer support.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Kinsey

I didn't know if there was a way out when I found this site...but along with help and support, I found some hope. There really is life after addiction

I'm glad you've joined us - you are not alone

D
Old 01-11-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Kinsey!!
Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kinsey, your post spoke to me, the indecision, the feeling that I had spent so many years like this, what would life be like if I stopped, if I could stop, the fear of failure, the fear of success, etc etc.

But in the end, I took a decision that I will never drink again and I will never change my mind. And that that is OK, because life it so much better on its own terms -- not always easy, but fuller, richer, definitely better.

I hope you will take the same decision. Then just do whatever it takes to keep to your comittment, which varies for all of us. But whatever it is -- do it. Try it. Try something else. I loved this place and Hip Sobriety, others AA, whatever it is that speaks to you.

You will see what happens to your marriage, your life, as you go, but with a sober mind sometimes things just become clear.

We are here for you.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome K. Prayers and support.