SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 11-14 January 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435455-weekender-thread-11-14-january-2019-a.html)

Dee74 01-11-2019 12:49 AM

Weekender Thread 11-14 January 2019

Hi There! :wave:
I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time - especially holiday weekends -and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

D

Lorax1981 01-11-2019 12:55 AM

Hi Dee!

Dee74 01-11-2019 01:48 AM

Hiya Lorax - good to 'see' you :)
D

Kid50 01-11-2019 02:02 AM

Hi Dee. Just popping in to say hello and have a nice wknd.

Purplrks3647 01-11-2019 02:18 AM

Thanks for the new thread Dee! :thanks

Gotta get ready for work but I'll check back in later.....thanks everyone for being here :grouphug:

Phil71els 01-11-2019 02:28 AM

I'm in for the weekender thread. Sober and fun times ahead!

Willow00 01-11-2019 02:36 AM

I’m in :) just had dinner and am stuffed full.
Going to bed now, Friday night sober is good

Dee74 01-11-2019 03:36 AM

Hi guys :)

D

Mark1014 01-11-2019 03:45 AM

Hi all.

Friday morning sober is good too. TGIF

In for an alcohol free weekend. :)

Guener 01-11-2019 03:56 AM

I have some things in mind to do for the weekend, so that's always nice -- having a plan for my off days. It's been a pretty good week and should be even more interesting next week, when students return to campus, so resting up will be part of what I will be doing. I'm approaching the next two days with a good attitude.

STDragon 01-11-2019 04:13 AM

I'm in, thanks Dee.

I've been looking at table saws lately. My immediate need it to rip small pieces of wood into thin strips. So I'm going to try my hand at building one. Nothing fancy, basically just a jig for my skill saw.

That should keep me out of trouble for the weekend....

Hope you start to feel better soon MB. Maybe 'not a date' will be happy to fetch some meds and things for you?

Tynesider22 01-11-2019 04:30 AM

Hi all. Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Off to see a mate's band tonight, then pretty much a quiet one after that.

biminiblue 01-11-2019 04:58 AM

Friday morning here. Still dark for a couple hours.

There will be no drinking by me this weekend. That's one thing I'm sure of, and I'm glad of that.

Midnight, I'm sorry to hear the cold got you. I have homemade chicken soup I just made. I wish I was close enough, I'd go to the store and bring you soup. I guess an internet emoji and a gif will have to do. :hug:

http://5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/...8802fb02da.gif

H379 01-11-2019 05:22 AM

Dee, thanks for setting up this weekend post.

It's going to be cold and possible wet weekend. But I am in for a sober and an active weekend. If not raining will go out on a hike with the boys on Saturday and take them for furniture shopping for their room on Sunday.

Will be checking in through out the weekend. Have a fun filled sober weekend.

WaterOx 01-11-2019 05:40 AM

Man I have been on this website for well over a year and I had no idea this entire section existed. If I had I feel I would have lasted even longer than I did! LOL

This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks, Dee. Happy to be here :)

OliveDog 01-11-2019 06:10 AM

I'm onboard for weekend #2 for me (6 days sober and counting).

PhoenixJ 01-11-2019 06:18 AM

47 minutes past Saturday here.

Hi to y'all.

MLD51 01-11-2019 08:00 AM

I'm in!

I hope your cold gets better soon, MB. Being sick and alone is no fun.

I'm getting pretty excited for my trip, now that I have mostly cleared my to-do list at work. We are inbetween semesters right now, so it's very quiet on campus. No students, very few profs. Just us administrators. I still have quite a few things to do at home, but I can easily do it today and tomorrow. Usually before I go on a trip I'm crazed in the couple of days before I leave, but I planned things better this time. I'm learning. And I'm also learning that the world doesn't burn down when I'm gone. Which is good, because traveling a lot is definitely in my future. When I got sober, I asked myself what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life, and traveling was right at the top of the list. So far I have been to Bali, Washington DC with my son, a fishing trip to Northern Minnesota, and several shorter little jaunts. Belize next, and San Francisco with my son this summer. Next year I'm hoping for China, but that will depend on how things are going politically. We shall see.

MantaLady 01-11-2019 09:07 AM

I’m in! Work has been a total mare this week. The client complained about how some meetings went and I think one of the small team (the manager...) is going to be moved to another part of the business. This has left me having to work all weekend to get ready for another client meeting on Monday. It’s the first and last time I do this and will make that clear to the big boss on Monday. Focusing on the solution not the problem right now haha! xx

saoutchik 01-11-2019 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Weekenders WaterOx, glad you found us.

We might have play Top Trumps as to who's had the crappest week MantaLady. The global anti-Saoutchik conspiracy is in full swing this week.
My customers are all hiding somewhere and I now need to find a new dentist. As Mark said TGIF.

Btw is Top Trumps a thing outside the UK? It's a card game and nothing to do with a President of the same name.