Weekender Thread 11-14 January 2019 - Page 9 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #161 (permalink)
Ocean Lover!

Good luck on the roads today vman!

Getting back in a work style routine was hard after so much time off for me too MB. I started getting up when I would normally be going to work and getting earlier nights a few weeks before I started work so it wasn't such a shock to my system...though it was still a shock lol!

Called the boss today letting them know I would be off again but would work from home tomorrow. He said might as well take rest of week off and get myself better as they have things in hand there. Part of me is relieved but there is part of me that wants to catastrophise and is telling me he is being so good about it because I am going to get sacked!! Darn my brain and it's funky workings!

So, going to get the woodfire going now as it's turned cold. I am going to spend today and tomorrow getting my house sorted and back to be organised, cleaning, ironing and all that kind of stuff and then I can chill over the weekend in a tidy and clean house which will do wonders for my head. My head is still banging from this sinus thing and I have a face that looks like I am sucking wasps (i.e. I look like I am in a bad mood lol) so good to keep this face away from the general public till I am feeling better

Have a good day all! x

Rock Bottom: Multiple - Each one worst than the last!
Rehab: 11th June 2018
Sobriety date: 11th June 2018
MantaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MantaLady For This Useful Post:
Guener (Today), MidnightBlue (Today), Purplrks3647 (Today), Willow68 (Today)
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #162 (permalink)

Hey Manta,

"wants to catastrophise and is telling me he is being so good about it because I am going to get sacked!! Darn my brain and it's funky workings"

Remeber the serenity prayer (reading if one prefers) the first bit :
God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change

You've come such a long way.
Dont forget that !
Guener (Today), MantaLady (Today), MidnightBlue (Today), Purplrks3647 (Today), Willow68 (Today)
Old Today, 03:33 AM   #163 (permalink)
Ocean Lover!

Thanks Vinny for bringing me back to "keep it simple". It's easy to forget to take a breath, a step back and use one of the simplist tools in the sobriety shed of the serenity prayer! Worrying about tomorrow is only going to waste today and whatever is going to happen at work is going to happen. What can I change today? I can do some self care, have a nice bath and get my house clean and tidy so that is what I am gonna do! xx

Rock Bottom: Multiple - Each one worst than the last!
Rehab: 11th June 2018
Sobriety date: 11th June 2018
MantaLady is offline   Reply With Quote