Notices

Weekender Thread 11-14 January 2019

Old 01-15-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Ukulele Jam was canceled.
The place where we meet was having some renovations done that should've been finished by now but are not. Well at least I found out early enough. Did some more work on my saw table instead - mounted and leveled the stand.
I have the bi-monthly Sunday strum to look forward to on the weekend.

Leigh, I am working on something, thanks for the encouragement!
Old 01-16-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

Manta - I suggest you tell you boss/senior colleague "Your lack of planning is not my emergency".

I totally hear you about serving coffee at Starbucks. I would go for some job like this now just to keep me going and take care of the necessities and avoid stress and craziness. But I have such a track record that when I apply for under qualified jobs employers get either threatened or suspicious.

And I need to find a job ASAP.

Doctor appointment later.

See you)
Old 01-16-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you'll feel better by tonight MB

D
Old 01-16-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good Morning lovely weekenders!

Shame about your class Dragon, when are we going to get another youtube of you playing, they always make me smile!!

I absolutely love your to the point statements sometimes MB "your lack of planning is not my emergency"! Your no bullsh$t attitude is what makes you so endearing to me, never change MB, you're a ledgend!! xx

I hear you andy on the "over qualified" thing. It's kind of how I ended up with this job as every other place I put my cv in for knocked me back for being too good! What's the world come to where you are rejected for being too good at what you do lol!! Oh yes, thank you for applying for the role as a chef at our lovely restaurant but unfortunately we have decided to not proceed with your application as your food is to tasty and good!

Bit of a confession now, I have called in sick to work today. I am going to write it out in my journal as this is a negative behaviour I am returning to. I do have a sinus infection that is giving me a real headache but I am using that as a bit of an excuse to be honest. I can't deal with the stress that is going to happen today at work, can't bear to be in the office with everyone as I am at the end of my tether with it all. I am running away by calling in sick. I guess it's better than turning to wine which I will most certainly not do but pulling a sicky is not the answer either. Will try today to work it through today and try and get myself back in a place of strength and positivity. It's mad that in one way I have come so far I can see this for what it is with a rationale mind, but I am still so far away from getting to a solution naturally and the solutions take work and effort. Not even sure what I am saying here lol but I guess I don't have to necessarily know as long as I am saying something and not bottling it up inside!

Have a wonderful day people!! xx
Old 01-16-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning everyone.

You may feel guilty for calling in sick (I've done the same thing myself a few times), but your doing the right thing to put yourself first.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Manta for kind words)

I think that sinus infection does call for a day off. It is insanity of the modern day workaholic heroism which requires life threatening health condition to be qualified to stay at home and heal. Plus, it will give them time to do some planning)

I am back from the doc. She said that I've almost recovered. Just a few days and I will be as good as new). Staying in bed and sleeping does work wonders.

I also suspect it could be psychosomatic thing. When my body needs a break and the brain fails to turn my panicking mind off it employs fever to keep my thoughts down.

And now I have to face my job situation because I can't put it off any longer.

But it's tea time)
Old 01-16-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Mr

Tea time you sound very british MB

I've been stuck in a rut the last few days self absorption, work crap... Trying to jump out of it... I suppose could be stuck in worse places like a Colorectal Surgeon stuck in a butt

No offence to Colorectal Surgeons !!!
Old 01-16-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I've been watching a lot of Sherlock Holmes these days, Vinny)
Old 01-16-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Vman, you made me laugh out loud. Those colorectal surgeons are well paid butt . . . .

MB, glad that you are almost mended. That must be a relief. There are some nasty germs circulated our globe at present; sorry that one caught up with you.

MantaLady, those call-ins were sometimes referred to as Mental Health days around my office. We things got over the top crazy, we all said that we needed them.

Dragon, sorry your jam was cancelled. Hope you were notified in advance.

Greetings and love to all.

Prayers for a continuing, very difficult would be much appreciated.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Shame about the uke cancellation Dragon, I hope the room is ready soon.

Manta as long as you are putting the effort in and YOU know you are doing the job properly then other people's issues are for them to deal with themselves. Don't show people you are too bothered. Also it is easy to lay responsibility on a person that is not there (i've done it myself)

You're doing well VMan, no need to get stressed.

Is Sherlock Holmes noted for his tea drinking?
Old 01-16-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Sober since October

My positive vibes to you , Leigh.

Sao - Sherlock Holmes was not much of a tea drinker, but the British atmosphere got under my skin)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Sao. How are you today?

Thank you, MB.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Mr

Hey Leigh
Hey ML
Hey MB
Hey Sao
Hey Dragon
Hey PJ
Hey Bim
Hey Willow
Hey Purps
Hey D

Started out with just saying hey Leigh but then felt guilty so kept going but it's your fault Leigh.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I managed to get in at the Dr's but only for an appointment with the nurse. She said I had to try over the counter stuff (for allergies and hay fever.....) for a few weeks first and headache tablets to see if that shifted the sinus pain and if not they would look into it more closely.

It's meant to be sunny tomorrow according to the weather reports so I am going to have tomorrow off work too and go out for a very very long walk. Went shopping this afternoon and stocked up the fridge with lots of healthy food and although it's only 8pm I am about to get into bed and try to get in a lot of quality sleep.

Take care everyone and be good! xx
Old 01-16-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck with the sinus pain treatment ML!

Leigh, thank you for asking, I am fine, a bit disgruntled about my cancelled op and run-in with my dentist but they are just first world problems.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hey Vinny
Old 01-16-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Vman
And hi everyone

Manta, good on you for taking a day off! . As well as a sinus infection being a perfectly legitimate reason for taking a day off, a mental health day is also a perfectly legitimate reason in my mind. And you have both reasons! I’m so glad you’re putting yourself first. Enjoy the walk when tomorrow comes (Today here). By the way, it’s 31C and sunny HOT here today. I got sunburnt yesterday out walking.

I hear you guys on the overqualified thing....People are incredulous when I apply for jobs and don’t give me a look in because they think I’m crazy or am joking or will be bored or won’t stay. I have been working on a second CV, downplaying or even omitting altogether some of my qualifications... I find this a very difficult thing to do... both psychologically (my ego wants to include things like PhD etc as I worked so darn hard for it!) but also because it’s rather forlorn and empty of substance without my achievements in there, and it looks like I have been out of work for years if I don’t list my last long term job and workplace which is a dead giveaway as to my “overqualified-ness”. It’s a dilemma and a real challenge trying to find a job out of my previous area, that’s for sure. I feel a bit locked into a box...

Glad you’re on the mend MB
Old 01-16-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi Vm,
Old 01-16-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Mr

Hey Andy
Morning all. Got the school run then off to work. Our president is coming to toulouse today. It will be fun on the roads...
Old 01-16-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Morning, weekenders.

Vinny, good luck on the road.

I've go so lazy while being sick. I have no idea how possibly I will be able to get back to day job routine. It sounds like a nightmare