Notices

Class of January 2019 Part 2

Old 01-12-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back red

Strawberry - I'm glad you were able to get your husband some help - is he ok?

D
Old 01-12-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
I knew this would happen as I am an alcoholic. I know how the internal messaging system works within us all. This is why I get so passionate about people that enable, control and are selfish.

We both know what you should do. I think you're delaying the inevitable but I really need to back off now as it is your life.

Whatever you do I can only wish you the best and my support.

JT
I am delaying JT because I'm scared of going through the pain of breakup but if I'm honest with myself I don't like anything about my life here so I'm still putting myself thru pain..
Old 01-13-2019, 12:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I am delaying JT because I'm scared of going through the pain of breakup but if I'm honest with myself I don't like anything about my life here so I'm still putting myself thru pain..
What’s painful about giving up a lifestyle and situation that you like nothing about? Do you really think you’re so worthless that someone that would respect, cherish and love you wouldn’t find you?
Old 01-13-2019, 01:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Checking in. I'm over the initital physical and emotional withdrawls, and the high that follows the first few days of going sober when my body starts to feel like it should again. Life is much calmer now, and I suddenly have more time on my hands now that I'm not drinking or suffering with the after effects.

I think many of us drinkers are fairly intense people. We push ourselves hard in all aspects of life (drinking included), and struggle with the thought of too much structure and routine.

I don't think this is anything to be ashamed of, far from it I think we should embrace it because it makes us who we are and it makes great things possible. I think denying it can lead straight back to drinking due to boredom and frustration.

For me I think the key will be channeling it in positive ways because to deny it or try to change it is dangerous. This is something I am working on now.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi all.
I know it's a bit late but Happy New Year to all of you!

I hope that you are all staying strong and heading towards a brighter future!

I have been away for some time. I hade some life changes to put into place and these took %100 of everything that I have to achieve.

Hopefully all done now so I will make sure to read and post where possible.
Missed you all! Hope that this is a 2 way thing😁👍
Old 01-13-2019, 02:24 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back dustitoffman

D
Old 01-13-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Awake at 8am after some decent sleep. That is tangible progress. It is cold here but a clear, blue sky with sun shining. That is what I need to wake up to rather than darkness at 4am which has been the norm for the last month.

Day 13. About to start an AA meeting. I may never grasp the 'higher power' concept but I do benefit from listening to other alcoholics. It's the only contact I have with people come to think of it.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Great choice, Meshelly. You make our class proud and don’t you feel good for making the right choice. Cooking a great meal sounds so much better than cooking up misery and pain by drinking.
Thank you and yes I did feel better. Keep rolling the tape forward.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Congratulations to everyone who is still hanging with the January class! Meshelley you are inspiring! I did the bulk of my drinking at restaurants (most of my income went to eating out and drinking with food). My excuse for years was that food tastes better with alcohol. Except that I drank more than I ate every time.
Since I'm not at the point where I can go to a restaurant and not order a drink, I've been cooking at home (simple meals) for the last 11 days. I've lost 5.8 pounds since January 1 (the drinking and eating out resulted in major obesity) and I can actually taste the food a lot more. My taste buds are much more alive. I'm proud of you for going home and cooking. It helps me to hear your story.

Okay: got through day 11. Mind much clearer. Now, I have to deal with the behaviors that I'm still doing because they also became habits with daily drinking. I need a schedule. I need structure and work.

Wishing you a sober January, classmates!
Same here. That's where i usually pick up again. It's the atmosphere and it seems harmless. Rolling the tape forward was my saving. And once i got home and got busy cooking the sadness left and I enjoyed every bite and then some! now off to my diet group. haha
Old 01-13-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Quick check in
Day 20 Alcohol Free
Day 13 Vape Free
Going to try another 48 hour fast. I'm 19 hours in.
So I definitely will not be drinking today.
One day at a time.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Quick check in
Day 20 Alcohol Free
Day 13 Vape Free
One day at a time.
Do you loose any weight doing one ? I want to do one tomorrow to flush the toxins out from smoking 2 days and give my body a re-charge
Old 01-13-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post

Day 13. About to start an AA meeting. I may never grasp the 'higher power' concept but I do benefit from listening to other alcoholics. It's the only contact I have with people come to think of it.
I am feel the same and am going for exactly the same reason. I have a 9 day stretch between leaving my job and starting my new one and I could honestly just sit in this apartment for that entire time, going slowly bonkers.

I think loneliness and boredom are two of the biggest reasons I drink, and so if AA helps relieve some of that, it's worth trying. I'm headed to one here in a minute too.

And btw..hi everyone. I posted an intro thread but would like to join all of you here. I'm on day 3. No New Year resolution, just happened to be January when I finally backed myself into a corner I haven't found a way to duck out of yet. I want to give not drinking a chance to see if it really is better, and there's only one way to do that. So I'm not drinking.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread, marsalie. Welcome back dustitoff

Hope all's well with your husband, strawberry.

Red, I had a big reply written up for you, but I lost it. Essentially, just throwing out some support and sympathy for your situation. I was once stuck in a relationship, for many reasons, including fear of being alone (because he told me no one else would ever want me). It's hard to be trapped by your own mind, especially when someone else has poisoned it. Make sure you're safe and do what's best for you.

Can't type anymore, I'm going to be late for work if I stay in bed any longer.

Thanks again for the posts everyone.

Day 3.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 13. Hanging in there.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Well I had to go to my local off licence earlier to pick up milk and cat buscuits. The owner was relieved and thought I'd had an accident!
Before new year, I was buying drink from him everyday without fail. I'd usually pick up a couple of cans of white cider (one to drink on the walk back home) and two bottles of red and a bottle of white.
Sometimes I'd go back an hour later and grab half bottle of dark rum or cheap whiskey (and of course, another can of cider to walk back with).
I think he may go out of business soon
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Strawberry, hope your husband is doing well. Best of luck with your effort to quit smoking. I will be starting again tomorrow after 2 days of not smoking.

Meshelly, 48 hours of fasting, impressive. How do you manage, with fresh fruit juice?

Congrats to all achievers and best of luck to everyone to continue marching on this tough path.

Day 14 almost over. Last couple of days have been weird; zoning out, loss of memory, can't remember words. Was worried, but learnt it's part of the early recovery process. Makes me feel better.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Torii View Post
Welcome to the thread, marsalie. Welcome back dustitoff

Hope all's well with your husband, strawberry.

Red, I had a big reply written up for you, but I lost it. Essentially, just throwing out some support and sympathy for your situation. I was once stuck in a relationship, for many reasons, including fear of being alone (because he told me no one else would ever want me). It's hard to be trapped by your own mind, especially when someone else has poisoned it. Make sure you're safe and do what's best for you.

Can't type anymore, I'm going to be late for work if I stay in bed any longer.

Thanks again for the posts everyone.

Day 3.
Thanks for your support.. I will figure it out, one day.
I look at a couple of friends who are in much worse situations than me so sometimes I think, it's not really that bad, but it still is.. There is no violence or possessiveness etc so I know I'm safe in that respect. I'm just surviving though. Not thriving..
Old 01-13-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hi everyone. Last night was my second completely sober night with ky boyfriend and again it confirmed i dont need to drink to be with him. He uses drugs and hes talked about getting clean but it doesn’t trigger me only makes me see that i will need to leave him at some point if he doesn’t get clean for himself because we can only be so close until then. Im neing generous by calling him my boyfriend but hes a special guy in my life and i really cherish his company.

My vegas trip is looking less daunting to me and i wont cancel because i hate losing so much money. But for myself i plan on moving to las Vegas eventually anyway so i do need to learn to operate there on sober mode. I will check in. I will be okay. I will not drink! Also a drinking pal from there hit me up to check if im still coming and I didn’t respond. Im showing myself i dont need plans with anyone who I’d usually drink with. Day 13 wrapping up nicely. Have a grest weekend with my kids. I just started going to the gym again and eating healthier again yesterday. Ive been making greek yogurt and fruit smoothies for the kids and green smoothies for me. Things are lining up and i will prove to myself that vegas and i can have a healthy relationship.

Hope everyone finds a way to stick to or return to their sober path. Ill check in soon night all.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Day 13. Hanging in there.
Keeping it up! I looove your screen name btw, big Troy fan here.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Quick check in
Day 20 Alcohol Free
Day 13 Vape Free
One day at a time.
Wow thats awesome. What benefits did you see resulting grom the first. Id love to possibly challenge myself to a smoothie fast one day.