Notices

Class of January 2019 Part 2

Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
JJ9

Hi everyone Day 11 done and another sober weekend coming up! Stay strong!!

Sorry to hear you drank Torii-get right back up and dust yourself off. Don’t give up!!

I hope everyone is doing great. Sober weekends are the best!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I couldn't think of a worse place to be if I was trying to stay sober but you know yourself better than I do LLG.

If you'e going, you have the makings of a good plan - but remember SR is around too. A Vegas meeting is one hell of a good idea too.

congrats to all those hitting a milestone today - you may just be the inspiration someone else needs today

D
Old 01-12-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning, Day 12 for me. I wanted t sleep in this beautiful Sat. morning, but
nooooooo. Eyes popped open 4 am. Had to shovel a path out the back door for the little dogs to go out, We got 5 inches of snow. It is beautiful. Going to make Buffalo Wings & Bacon wrapped jalapeños today. Big football game on tv. Our KC Chiefs on the road to the Super Bowl. We hope. Have a few friends coming over. Fortunately none are big drinkers. The guys will have a couple of beers. Not me! I am so over it. Stay strong my friends. I will check back in after the game [IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-12-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Horrible weather ! I'm going to take a power nap !my husband has beer in the crude for tonight .... Not me I'm on ginger tea .
Old 01-12-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

How are you red ? How's the weekend going ?
Old 01-12-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning (or afternoon if you're across the pond).

Another sober Friday night and hangover free Saturday. I had the worst dreams last night. One was a flat out nightmare. My husband had a hole in his head that went all the way to the brain. Sorry, I know that's a gross image. It wasn't so great to look at in the dream either.

I thought the daily sheet cleaning was over from the night sweats, but I woke up sweating this morning. Day 14 for me, and I know it'll get easier.

Thanks to everyone in this class for the inspiration and ideas for the weekend. I enjoy reading them, including the down right butt kicking posts too lol.

Have a great day
Old 01-12-2019, 08:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Been away doing something I enjoy the last few days, and it didn't involve drinking! Not that I haven't mixed drinking with it many times in the past, and then it all became just about the drinking of course. And instead of returning home refreshed I'd return home shattered.

Well drinking didn't spoil it for me this time and it's not going to spoil the rest of my weekend, or my Monday morning, or the week ahead, Feels good to be free.

Of course my AV doesn't want to be free, but it can go to hell.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Very cold here. Last few days the low temperature with wind chill was -24 degrees celsius. Normally, I would use this as a great reason to drink all day. Can't go anywhere, right? Too cold to walk to that AA meeting. Fortunately, there are AA meetings all around me. Just went to one that is less than 5 minutes walk away. No excuse not to go to that one.

Day 12. The biggest threat to my current sobriety is boredom. I am feeling good mentally. I actually feel more inclined to do my laundry than drink. That is a good sign.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

11 days down and I feel like **** today. Maybe just a bug, maybe to do with no drink and body repair etc. Anyone else feeling crap?
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paperbag View Post
11 days down and I feel like **** today. Maybe just a bug, maybe to do with no drink and body repair etc. Anyone else feeling crap?
Physically I feel fine but emotionally I'm pretty low tonight. Probably the worst since night one. A few things are bugging me in the real world and online - but maybe I just need a good night's sleep?

I was suffering stomach cramping on day 10 & 11 as well Paperbag.

As you suggest - I think it's the body (and mind) healing.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey all!! Day 12 on my rekindling romance with sobriety. I actually managed to get a near eight hours last night!!

Shuuuuuuhhhhh.....?

No lie! I guess when you sleep like crap for most of the week, you’re bound to get lucky now and then 😄

I currently in the middle of work managing not to be too irritable dealing with lots of people when as usual I’d rather just be alone. I am trying to flex my gratitude muscle and really acknowledge how good I have it.

I’m grateful you’re all here. Here’s to a happy Saturday morning and an even happier Saturday night 😄
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday everyone!

Had a productive morning. I'm finding exercise is really helping me stay sober. I thought I'd be finding tonight a challenge as my partner is at an event so I'm in the house on my own, however I'm not phased by it. Quite content with my cup of tea browsing these forums. Couple of weeks back I'd be sitting on my own drinking glass after glass of vodka probably watching something on the TV that I'd have to rewatch again in the morning because I'd have no recollection of the night before. Why did I ever consider that fun?

Like a lot of others here I consume much more alcohol when alone. I'd continue drinking long after the other half fell asleep and sometimes even wish they would dose off so I could drink by myself without judgement.. I loved being alone for that reason.

Since being sober I'm finding I have a much bigger desire to be social. I wanted so badly to do something this weekend. Sounds quite sad but I don't have that many friends. I have 3 best friends that I barely ever see.. one of them I haven't seen in 3 years. I definitely need to get better at building relationships!
Old 01-12-2019, 12:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone! Day 12!
Still here and still sober. Brain fog is lifting nicely, but still having waves of anxiety.
I think that is what led me to develop a drinking problem. I can go two weeks or so holding it together, then go on a 4-5 day binge just to get out of my head.
It’s going to be a tough week for me. The wife and daughter are out of town, and I’m off from work... the Perfect Storm for a binge drinker...
Wishing you all the best!
Old 01-12-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

All the best to you Scrooge!

Ah good old anxiety. Definitely the reason I started drinking.. mainly social anxiety. Found my confidence in the bottom of a bottle until eventually it destroyed me completely.

Stay strong!
Old 01-12-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good afternoon from beautiful snowy Midwest USA. It really is lovely outside. After a month plus of no snow, we finally got some. I’ll take it. Went for a 3 mile run out in this morning and it was glorious.

Day 13 and I’m starting to “feel” things again. This usually happens around 2-4 weeks, and has caused me to relapse in the past. Not this time. I’m going to feel, process, and respond in a healthy way for myself and my family. I am really grateful for this opportunity to live sober again.

I may go start painting my living room this evening. I’ve had the paint for over a month now. Time to tackle another project.

Love to all today. Don’t drink.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

day 12.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 7 here. I'm feeling good about finishing the week 1 milestone. Had strong cravings and irritability on Day 5, but feeling really good these last couple of days. Like many others have said, I feel like there is so much more time in the days now to be productive.

Travelbug, hope you are resisting the temptation during your KC Chiefs game. It's half time now and the Chiefs looks awesome. I'm sure everyone at your party is having a great time. I always drank while watching or attending sports - so its a bit different watching the NFL playoffs with my tea now.

Question for the group -- does anyone drink Non-Alcoholic Beer ? I have found some that I like OK. But not sure if it really is helpful to longer term success in maintaining abstinence from alcohol if I keep drinking NA beer (does drinking NA beer wet the appetite for the real thing too much?)
Old 01-12-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Checking in day 17 and going strong. AV trying her hardest today but I won. Longest I've stayed sober in months.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi folks, beginning day 2. Spent yesterday feeling sorry for myself. When I drank regularly I didn't get hangovers, but jeez, yesterday made up for them.

So, Friday. I had originally planned to be at home, it was a friend's birthday but she was going to a nightclub, which has never been my scene. A last minute change meant she decided to just do drinks at her place. I talked myself into it, since it was a "special occasion", and the first 11 days had been relatively easy compared to the other times I've tried quitting the last 3 years.

On a plus side, I'm fussy about the type of beer I drink, and my brand of choice is no longer being made. The local bottlo had a big supply but I bought the last of it on Friday. I think knowing I cannot get this beer again will make things a bit easier, I'm not missing out.

Congrats to all for your sober time and thankyou for the great posts. I'm noticing a theme of "sadness", which I was absolutely feeling in the lead up to Friday. Not sure what the solution to it is, but I'll look out for it in a fortnight when I'm circling day 12 again.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 14 Ginger

Hope you feel better soon paperbag - a lot of people seem to get sick in early recovery - I know I artificially boosted myself with booze - take that away and my immune system was pretty shot for a week or two.

Sorry you feel down Tony - I hope sleep helps

D